doesnt anybody care?

I have E-mailed ChameleonsInMyHouse with pictures i hope they can give some one an idea of wuts wrong with him.

Thank u for taking the time to help me.

Lots of people have posted lots of information on what you need to fix. It is a mixture of a variety of these issues that has gotten your cham where it is today. You need to make all of these changes immediately or things will get much worse quickly.

Supplements - the brand of Calcium is Fluker's With vitamin D3 phosphorus free. what is the schedule? every feeding we either sprinkle with a dust over teh crickets before feeding Trip. Or i dip a cricket in the calcium before feeding it to him. Superworms, i just cut th heads off and give them to him normal.

Cage Type - Its a screen cage EcoTerra Flex airium. 65 inch.
Lighting - I dont know the brand of the lamp that holds the light but we got a Basking 125 wats exo terra. his heat lamp is 100 wats , exo terra sunglo neodymium daylight lamp. I turn his basking light off at night around 11:00-11:30. and i dim his heat light cuz its got a dimmer on it. in the morning i turn his basking light back on and turn the dimmbed heat light back up to bright again around 8:30-9am.

Do you give him Calcium with D3 everytime...If so that could be part of the problem. Should just be getting Calcium without D3 a cople times a week, then with D3 once or twice a month.

Do you have a UVB light over him?

I have received the pictures, I am however, unable to save them to my computer, or get a proper URL link. If there is anybody interested in seeing them aswell, I can forward to your e-mail. The pictures to me look like early stages of gout (unproportioned bumbs on the arms), there are also little black spots which i believe could be mites. PM me your e-mail and I will send it to you

?

gout?? thats a kidney failur type thing yes? or a high protein in his system right? is that deadly how can i make him better :eek:

send the URL of this link to SandraChameleon, if she isnt busy at the moment, than she will be able to get you started and explain proper gutloads for your situation. in the mean time. throw all of your feeder food out and start gutloading them with better things around the house.

list of the fruites and veggies you have on hand right now

its gonna take a while bit ask cause some foods have high oxalic acids which bind calcium absorbtion

Gout can be caused by too much protein or from too much Vit A. Youve been gutloading with fish flakes which has vit a in it. Get new feeders and stop using fish food. Buy a good dry gutload such as cricket crack and start wet gutload with: zuchini, squash, romaine lettuce, oranges, apples, collard greens, sweet potato, etc... stay away from brocolli and plain iceberg lettuce.
Supplements should be used as following schedule:
1. Calcium w/o d3 2x a week
2. calcium w/d3 2x a month
3. Multivita- 1-2x a month

Your cham is almost a year old so you can cut back on his supplements. He's past his fast growth spurt period. I'd worry about gutloading feeders to the best of my ability and try to get rid of the possible gout or whatever it is before I gave him any multivitamins.

I got a pardalis in about 4 montha ago that had edema and after putting him on a good diet with gutloaded feeders and proper supplments. he has blossomed and his edema is greatly reduced and he eats and hunts and basks like a champ. Good nutrition and low stress on the animal is the key.

Ok, here are a couple photos. I uploaded only the ones that were easiest to see. OP, if you're able to take more clear photos, that would be great. Don't wake him up now if he's sleeping but maybe tomorrow have someone hold him and try to take nice focused photos if these don't help.

veiled1.jpg

u can c on his belly a random black dot. and some that appeared on his foot that. thatsalso the burn of fall on his head. hes sheading, i just took the pics in my hand 15 mins ago :eek:

veiled2.jpg

on his front leg thats the bumps on his front leg the three that are popped out. and on his back knee theres a black spot there 2 :(

veiled3.jpg

and this is a side few to show how far the bump is out from his skin.

Check this link for excellent nutritional info on fruits and veggies to use in gutloading. You want to work through the food chain to give your feeders all the nutrients your cham needs since he won't be eating them directly. Aim for veggies that are higher in calcium than phosphorus and avoid things high in oxalates and goitrogens as those can interfere with calcium absorption and contribute to gout.

I don't think the bumps look like gout or metabolic bone disease pathologic fractures. And I don't believe they are mites either. You shouldn't be able to see mites - they're microscopic and they swarm all over the body rather than isolating themselves to certain areas, especially areas that exposed. Hopefully someone has seen something like this before to help you better.

Last edited:
Thank u

thank u so much for uploading those pictures. But 2morro i will try 2 take some better pics for you. I will have to email them to u again tho. I hope someone can help.

thank u so much for uploading those pictures. But 2morro i will try 2 take some better pics for you. I will have to email them to u again tho. I hope someone can help.

You're welcome. Sure, as soon as you have them just email them and I'll upload them immediately if I'm home/have my computer. :)

I think if it's related to his diet, those are easy changes to make. You might need a vet to help, but changing the stuff you feed your insects is easy enough, and it's an easy first step. We're definitely going to try to help you as best we can!

The bumps described could be gout or they could be pathologic fractures from weak bones with metabolic bone disease caused by inadequate nutrition and/or uvb availability. Without pictures it's hard to say. But you shouldn't be able to see mites - they're microscopic. Unless this guy is really swarming with them it should not be something readily visible in a picture.

ya i figured they werent mites after i looked at em again. the pictures are very blurry and im on a lap top haha. they look like small bruise marks too me now. is there any thing pointing into the cage? aluminum screening thread? wire from fake plants? with his immune system so down, i'd think it'd be fairly simple to bruise easily like that

Back
Top Bottom