Does this look like something to worry about?

shrink9

I have a female nosey bey approximately 1 year old. Check out the attached picture of her. Do the spots on her abdomen look like something to be concerned about? I haven't experienced this before and wonder what those of you with more experience might suggest.

Thank you.

Allen

Attachments

• Gray Belly.jpg
    Gray Belly.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 184
Whereabouts in Chicago are you located?? I am in Bolingbrook, by Downers Grove and Naperville.

Have you noticed any other abnormalities in her health and/or habits?? This might explain more and help answer the question better.

No change in habits--appetite still strong; activity level still good.Her skin feels different where the dark areas are.

It is probably some sort of skin condition that all reptiles can get. I would suggest going to a vet and asking. There may be some kind of cream you need to put on it. Just because you can't see any health changes now doesn't mean they wont suddenly pop up. IMO it's always best to be safe than sorry.

Can't say i have ever seen that, but when in doubt, its time for a vet visit.

I second that motion. The only time I have ever seen anything similar is in a 9 mo. nosey female of mine about 1.5 years ago. I went to check on her and she looked like those dark patches only solid from the waste down. An emergency scan at the vet showed that she had some sort of blockage in her system. We subsequently gave her lactulose (per the vet's instruction) to help try to ease out any type of blockage but about 2 weeks of that was futile. She ended up passing and the necropsy showed that the had overactive ovaries and the eggs were not calcifying so there were masses of egg "yolks" in her system creating that blockage we saw on the scan.

I would get her into the vet as soon as you can. Since you are in the Chicago area, my cham vet is Dr. Todd Gray in Downers Grove and he's great. Let me know if you need his info.

Back
Top Bottom