Does such an awesome plant exist?

Probably yeah. I think it was old water not draining correctly or the soil, but never figured it out. Everytime I go to lowes they are out of any decent schefflera now :mad:

Believe it or not, wallyworld had some killer scheffs for <$15 last time I was there. Check you local wallyworld...

I have a few right around me so I'll have to check there. Once I get another plant I'm planning a complete cage redo ( his head is getting too big to fit in between the vines :eek: ) So once it's done i'll put up some pics of him and his new setup.
Thanks for all the advice :)

You need what is called a "parlor plant". A plant that grows on the forest floor, and thrives in little light. Parlor palms can get pretty big, and I always stick them in rooms with low light, if any. Maybe do a google image search for "parlor plants" and see if you find something you like.

You need what is called a "parlor plant". A plant that grows on the forest floor, and thrives in little light. Parlor palms can get pretty big, and I always stick them in rooms with low light, if any. Maybe do a google image search for "parlor plants" and see if you find something you like.

That looks like just the right size and little light :D Are the leaves/stems sturdy? I don't my guy falling everywhere :rolleyes: he is not the brightest cham, tries to climb up the walls and junk all the time.

I have looked at the money tree/ lucky bamboo as well as orchids and peace lilys. All posts and research I have found say they're toxic though :(

money tree's are safe my veiled shredded the plant eating the leafs and destroying the stem and he's still healthy

i didnt read the entire thread, but you should be good with almost anything if you get the proper grow bulbs. i've had my hibiscus for about a month and hoya for about 3 in a dark basement with 2 grow lights, a uvb bulb and a basking bulb. the hibiscus blooms for me 4-5 times a week

i didnt read the entire thread, but you should be good with almost anything if you get the proper grow bulbs. i've had my hibiscus for about a month and hoya for about 3 in a dark basement with 2 grow lights, a uvb bulb and a basking bulb. the hibiscus blooms for me 4-5 times a week

Wow, really? I can't even get my hibiscus to bloom outside. And it's planted! :embarrassed:

You might be the only person in the history of history to kill a pothos! :eek: ;)

i know rite my thoughts exactly how does that happen...it should not die that easy...he shouldent she have a 5.0 instead of a 10.0???just wonering...??

i know rite my thoughts exactly how does that happen...it should not die that easy...he shouldent she have a 5.0 instead of a 10.0???just wonering...??

He used to, my vet recommended me to put in a 10.0 for his mbd when he was young.

I also have some best plants in my garden, I like this type of plants. There are many different types of plants available like river maple, Gray elder, Osage apple and many more.

From the sounds of it, you need a lot more light to keep any plant alive. Pothos is about the least light demanding house plant and if it's not getting enough light there's really no other option.

There are a variety of lighting options, but one of the simplest and cheapest is to use a few higher wattage PC bulbs in dome reflectors in close proximity to the plants. You can get daylight, ~6500 K bulbs at any home improvement store, along with clamp lamps. You specifically want bulbs of this spectrum as it will be adequate for the plants. Most other available bulbs (e.g., 'cool white') hae a much less useful spectrum, and hence provide less useable light to the plants. Two to three bulbs and clamp lamps should run you under $50.

I also think that we generally underestimate (or outright ignore) the effects of too little or poor spectrum light on chameleons. Animals kept in dim conditions without much full spectrum light (above and beyond access to UV-A and UV-B) often have poorer coloration, and sometimes reduced apetites and activity IME. Light quality and quantity in the visible spectrum have known, important psychological effects on many animals and I think it's very likely that this is true for chameleons as well.

Back
Top Bottom