Does shedding mean growth?

Bmjo

Established Member
Zeus has shed twice in the past month and doesn’t that mean he’s growing?

younger chams shed more than mature ones do, which I'd guess has something to do with the fact that they're growing. but mature chameleons that aren't growing will still shed too. it's not necessarily like with shell fish that outgrow their shell, and have to shed it to allow them to grow.

Bmjo,

Welcome. I haven't seen you here before. Your question depends primarily on his age, species and other dietary and husbandry factors. How old is Zeus? Which species? Lucky just went through a partial shed and he's nearly 3 1/2 years old. He's done growing.

Bmjo,

Welcome. I haven't seen you here before. Your question depends primarily on his age, species and other dietary and husbandry factors. How old is Zeus? Which species? Lucky just went through a partial shed and he's nearly 3 1/2 years old. He's done growing.
He is 9 months and a veiled

At 9 months old he is most likely still growing. They generally keep growing until about 1 year old. Depends on the specific chameleon though.

This is Zeus when i first got him it really makes me sick. I can’t beleive i didn’t see but at the time i didn’t know much but I’m happy with him now. It gives me a good feeling knowing i helped to keep him alive

Attachments

• C9E3FCC7-68D2-4CA0-A5F6-3142636FC540.png
    C9E3FCC7-68D2-4CA0-A5F6-3142636FC540.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom