Does she look pregnant?

Justin Escajeda

Hello, I purchased two (alleged Cbb) female Jackson chameleons October 16 2019. Although very healthy when they arrived, the two have rejected our males countless times. Since then both have gained significantly in size. I’ve gone back and fourth the last couple months deciding if she was pregnant or not - and have come to find out this person has had sold wild caughts before.
Just recently she has become very low activity, some days she eats, other days not at all. Attached are some pics, I’d love to know what everyone thinks.
I have extra nursery cages ready, but since I had never bred these particular animals, I am really wondering weather or not she’s pregnant or possibly over fed (but I don’t think so being that I am very selective on diet and supplements).

Any feedback is much appreciated!!

Attachments

• 837E77B8-7407-4964-89BB-41E1B2E86E42.jpeg
    837E77B8-7407-4964-89BB-41E1B2E86E42.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 95DD5E1B-EDA9-4763-A1B8-3F38C62DC7F2.jpeg
    95DD5E1B-EDA9-4763-A1B8-3F38C62DC7F2.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 121
  • C26B6EEC-7568-431E-A75F-1F3DF7CD14EF.jpeg
    C26B6EEC-7568-431E-A75F-1F3DF7CD14EF.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 141
I can't say weather or not she will have viable young or just pass slugs but mature females will have something pass every 3-6 months regardless of being bred or not. I would have a bin ready if you think the seller was shady. If all you get is some yolk looking things then you can see if she gets receptive 7-10 days after.

I can't say weather or not she will have viable young or just pass slugs but mature females will have something pass every 3-6 months regardless of being bred or not. I would have a bin ready if you think the seller was shady. If all you get is some yolk looking things then you can see if she gets receptive 7-10 days after.
Thank You! Yes I have a bunch of nursery cages ready for another clutch, so I do have extra room. I am keeping an eye on her to look out for slugs or babies, either way I appreciate the feedback.

@JacksJill do her ankles look swollen in the second photo?
Yes, they have looked somewhat swollen since she was delivered, I worried about gout but it never seemed to get any worse or better. I am very nervous about that being that I had a very health male hoenelli die awhile ago due to that. Is that what you think it may be?

I am not sure, like I said they have always been kind of swollen, but never had shown any restrictions on climbing. I don't know, I am just going to watch I have never seen a chameleon progressively grow like this without being pregnant, esp at times seeing pronounced bumps in her abdomen.

Back
Top Bottom