Does she look gravid?

Johnny909

Hi all,

Does this chameleon (k.tavetana) seem gravid, I have seen her prowling the floor but not digging. She seems to be getting fatter and fatter and has like little bumps on her belly, i find middle body to be disproportionate to the rest. Also, she has these sudden mood swings where she climbs to the top of the cage and changes colour, i should mention she was very dark when prowling the bottom of the cage.

I have a laying cage ready I'm just wondering if she should be transferred..

Thanks!

Oops, here we go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 145
She looks very large around the mid-waist :)

I would get a laying bin setup. Put a bucket of soil/sand mixture, moist, and make sure you can dig a little tunnel in it without it collapsing. Make sure there isn't water accumulating at the bottom but also make sure it isn't to dry.

Good luck with her

Also was she breed by the way? Do you know about baby care if so?

She is a Recent WC, i have the equipment for this, an extra cage with a bucket and some branches that will be in a room where nothing goes in. But it will be the first time I deal with this, so I'm not too sure of things, i have been reading a lot but nothing beats experience .

Its a little faster than i expected, i will probably be seeking help on this topic in the days to come.

Im at work right now and wont be there to transfer her for a while, she lives in a planted terrarium with about 6" of planting soil, any chance she will use that?

ok! Its been a while but I have found a single egg on top of soil in the cage, the soil has been tampered with, should I immidiately look for them or should I give her another day?

Back
Top Bottom