Does she look fine if not what can I do?

We are not vets or a substitute for proper veterinary care, which is what your chameleon needs. We can however help you to correct your husbandry. This will not reverse or ‘fix’ her mbd, but will help her to heal and hopefully prevent any further damage. If your cham is indeed a female, the mbd and husbandry needs to be corrected urgently. As she gets older she will lay infertile eggs and her husbandry will need to be spot on for her to do so without problems. Keeping chameleons is a rather expensive endeavor and I do have to agree that it would be best for your cham for you to rehome her if you aren’t able to currently afford what she needs. There are ways to cut costs, but not when it comes to vet care, proper uvb and supplements.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210127-155147_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-155147_Chrome.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 74
Hi @Miathechameleon thank you for posting on the forum.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Hi Mia.. I know this is really hard. I apologise I wasn't active for a while. Have you done a husbandry review? She does need to see a vet ASAP. We can work on what might have caused this, and fix parts of husbandry.

Thank you I might just have to see what I can do as possible and just pray and try my hardest

Don't under estimate. Call some vets. Let them know what is going on and that you don't have much money, but want to help your pet. I am not going to criticize for not having vet money. That is a different issue.
The little guy looks like he can be saved. MBD is your main issue. That and care has to be spot on in this condition.
Calling vets like this is not easy I know, but it will be worth it. They can set up payments or give discounts. If they know you truly care they are more willing.

Don't under estimate. Call some vets. Let them know what is going on and that you don't have much money, but want to help your pet. I am not going to criticize for not having vet money. That is a different issue.
The little guy looks like he can be saved. MBD is your main issue. That and care has to be spot on in this condition.
Calling vets like this is not easy I know, but it will be worth it. They can set up payments or give discounts. If they know you truly care they are more willing.
Absolutely! Money is something that some people don’t understand. I’m sure that she could’ve done better but what’s done is done now we must focus on saving her cham! 💗

Back
Top Bottom