Does my enclosure look good?

Hi! Is there anything I should add to his enclosure? Thank you!

Attachments

• 20CC8E47-03BE-4E80-943D-2D9006A6D494.jpeg
    20CC8E47-03BE-4E80-943D-2D9006A6D494.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 106
The moss on the vines will be nibbled on, so make sure its real and not foam/fake.

The fluffy plants i assume are fake, unless you are really good and growing things. These will also get nibbled on.

I dont really see anything robust for the cham to climb on, its all bendy/fluffy.

So other than "small plastic things may get nibbled on" and "please add some thick sticks" Id say you are good as long as you dont have carpet or some other media at the bottom of the cage that will rot/become a bug bed.

The moss on the vines will be nibbled on, so make sure its real and not foam/fake.

The fluffy plants i assume are fake, unless you are really good and growing things. These will also get nibbled on.

I dont really see anything robust for the cham to climb on, its all bendy/fluffy.

So other than "small plastic things may get nibbled on" and "please add some thick sticks" Id say you are good as long as you dont have carpet or some other media at the bottom of the cage that will rot/become a bug bed.
Okay. Do you have anything that is good to allow him to climb on? because I have noticed he is climbing on the screen a lot which is probably because I don’t have good climbing options. The vine is fake, should I get rid of it? If so should I replace is with anything?

Also I do have two sticks going from the bottom of the cage to the top. I had another one in a different spot but I took it out because I noticed mold on the bottom where water would collect. Is this mold bad? Should I not put it back in his cage.

Attachments

• C21E2365-9776-4204-92C2-0B51612955D6.jpeg
    C21E2365-9776-4204-92C2-0B51612955D6.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 56
  • 2AD40D62-279F-4F8E-A9CA-B7949EA515FB.jpeg
    2AD40D62-279F-4F8E-A9CA-B7949EA515FB.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 068F5241-8CDE-43CB-8BD2-1B64E323AF76.jpeg
    068F5241-8CDE-43CB-8BD2-1B64E323AF76.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 71
The mossy vines look nice, but there’s always the risk a veiled will nibble it. I use Fluker’s bend a branch...they are inexpensive and seem to hold up very well. Sticks and branches from outside are free. Just avoid pine and other trees with sap, wash with dish soap, rinse well and you’re good to go. If they are getting moldy, toss them out.

The mossy vines look nice, but there’s always the risk a veiled will nibble it. I use Fluker’s bend a branch...they are inexpensive and seem to hold up very well. Sticks and branches from outside are free. Just avoid pine and other trees with sap, wash with dish soap, rinse well and you’re good to go. If they are getting moldy, toss them out.
Oh I didn’t know you could sticks from outside the store told me you had to bake them and use a special chemical on them. So I can just wash really good?

Also I have a panther. Is it the same as a veiled where he will nibble it?

Also I have a panther. Is it the same as a veiled where he will nibble it?
I think panthers just lick...they don’t eat their plants the way veileds do.
Most big pet stores have little idea about chameleon husbandry and/or will lead you to buy things you don’t need. You can bake your branches if you insist, but usually just a good wash with Dawn dish soap and a good blast from the hose is enough to clean them. If it’s hot where you are, you could let them bake in the sun for a couple of days.

Panther chameleons chew on branches but don't usually eat vegetation so you want to make sure the tree branches are non toxic.

I had to remove the spagnum moss from both of my panthers cages, because they started eating globs of it. Although moss gives the enclosure that realism factor, you’ll find that the cons outweigh the pros unfortunately. Other than that it looks great. You can purchase some thin wiring and pourous drip line from Home Depot to create your own vines. Easy to clean and looks very realistic. Also avoid mercury vapor bulbs, they’re super expensive and don’t give enough uvb lighting. You can also polyurethane and stain some wooden dowels from Home Depot to add more climbing opportunities, it’s a super cheap option.

Back
Top Bottom