Does my enclosure look good?

Briansant

1369778D-B844-4450-A744-1F6C8AF39791.jpeg
enclosure for a male 3 month old veiled chameleon. My linear uvb fixture is coming soon.. I’m aware the compact uvb bulb is bad. I have a golden Pothos and a money tree in the enclosure. Any recommendations to make the enclosure better? It is my first chameleon.

Your getting there... Glad you have the T5HO on order. Make sure it is a 5.0 UVB bulb that comes with it if you are getting a single bulb fixture.

Your going to need many more branches in the enclosure. Have you thought about getting dragon ledges? They also sell drip pans as well. www.dragonstrand.com

You will need to upgrade the cage to a 2x2x4foot enclosure by the time he hits about 6 months old.

ohh but why is the power sun bad? that is what my local store told me to get
I believe the power sun is a mercury vapor bulb, which is fine for free range areas or if you are carefully monitoring it with a solarmeter. If you don’t have a solar meter, stick with the T5HO. Many pet stores sadly provide a great deal of misinformation.

I believe the power sun is a mercury vapor bulb, which is fine for free range areas or if you are carefully monitoring it with a solarmeter. If you don’t have a solar meter, stick with the T5HO. Many pet stores sadly provide a great deal of misinformation.
ok i may have to take it back then cuz i am doing a bioactive

ok i may have to take it back then cuz i am doing a bioactive
Chain pet stores are notorious for not having a clue about proper husbandry of the animals they sell, which results in many very sad stories on the forum. However, even locally owned can be just as lacking. Have you checked out chameleonacademy.com yet? Or if you prefer videos, check out Neptune the chameleon on YouTube. Both offer lots of great info on the what, how and why of chameleon keeping.

Back
Top Bottom