Does my chameleon have an URI?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male veiled chameleon,4-5 month, been in my care for 2 1/2 months
Handling - Once a week for cleaning. Recently have had warmer weather and been taking him outside and on a plant by the window
Feeding - Fed crickets, dubia roaches, mealworms, and super worms.8-12 crickets or roaches a day, meal worms and supers every 2-3 times a week. Fed carrots,Apples,romaine, and oranges. Also fed with crickets and roach chow
Supplements - Sticky tongue farms minerall- O plain calcium. Repcal herbivite multivitamins and repcal calcium with D3. Plain calcium almost every day, Herpivite and cal. W/ D3 2 times a month
Watering - I use a pump spatter to mist down the whole cage. Give her m 2 really long misting a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon when I get back from school. Other then that I must him 2-3 more times whenever the cage is dry. Have seen him drink a few times and sometimes he will get real close to the mister and lick his lips
Fecal Description - brown with white urates. Urates sometimes have a little yellow on the ends. Never been tested for parasites.
History - Bought him at petco a few months ago

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 16x16x30 reptibreeze woth the back side covered
Lighting - zoomed 5.0 coiled UVB bulb( I know the tubes are better but plan on getting Arcadia bulbs when he gets his new cage:D) 7am-7pm
Temperature- basking temp is 80-85, is middle is 68 bottom is 65. Lowest temps is around 65 at night. Infrared temp gun. Digital thermometer, zoomed thermometer/ hydrometer combo
Humidity - 30-50% up to 80% after misting. Have to dial hydrometers
Plants - Have a really nice lithos plant in his cage the fill up 2/3 of the cage
Placement - in a desk in my bedroom. Only person going in and out is me. Top of cage is 60 above the ground
Location - located in northern North Dakota

Current Problem- today when he was getting ready to sleep I looked in his cage and he glared at me and started to hiss. When he was hissing he barely open his mouth like he does when he is mad. He has also been very dark for the past month. This is what concerns me the most. He is not just dark when basking like he should but he is always dark. He also almost never leaves the basking spit like he used to do before.I am trying to raise the ambient temperature by getting another lamp.I hope this is the problem and not something else. I also think that he just hates his cage. He is always dark when he is in it but when he is out he is s bright green. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 162
Sounds like he is mad. Have you tried putting a warmer basking bulb in? I know you said his basking is around 85 but adult males need 90-95 if I remember correctly

How is the extra basking bulb working out? I don't necessarily think thats the issue though. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom