Does daytime matter for UVB or heat?

Arainey98

My panther specifically spends all of day time up in the front of her cage, and then come soon to bedtime she wanders to the back- wondering which (uvb or heat) should be placed in the front where she spends most days.
Should she have UVB for vitamins during the day, and then heat for close to bedtime?
Or vise Versa?

Well yes, they’re both in during the day of course, but the lights shine on different parts of her cage...

Chameleons do a good job usually of getting in or out of the light depending on what they need, either heat , uvb, or both. As you long as you're giving her options, higher, lower, more coverage, less coverage, I think they are okay where they are. She may be coming towards the front to help thermoregulate, etc.

Pictures would be super helpful.

Chameleons do a good job usually of getting in or out of the light depending on what they need, either heat , uvb, or both. As you long as you're giving her options, higher, lower, more coverage, less coverage, I think they are okay where they are. She may be coming towards the front to help thermoregulate, etc.

Pictures would be super helpful.

F6894AA2-5925-45D6-BE43-FABCB8E63A25.jpeg

Many people angle the heat bulb to shine under part of the UVB bulb so if they are attracted to the heat they still get UVB but have areas of UVB that are not directly under the basking bulb.

Back
Top Bottom