Does anyones Chameleon do this?

Oski

Hi i have observed something that my Male Panther does from time to time that my other two Veileds do not do, and wondered if anyone elses cham does it,

Basically sometimes when he catches his food, he will hold it in his mouth for like 5-20 seconds before eating it,

He will catch it bite down on it then just hold it there like a dog with a bone lol, look about a bit then eat it??

Im not sure why? He is fine and healthy but does this from time to time.

hes just makin sure he's got it for good. lol. i dont know, its probably just a personality thing and im sure nothing wrong with it. :) unless of course the prey is too big

hes just makin sure he's got it for good. lol. i dont know, its probably just a personality thing and im sure nothing wrong with it. :) unless of course the prey is too big

Lol:) yeah it may be a personality thing, its funny to watch i will try and get a video of it, the food are all suitable sized items, he always eats it just sometimes holds it a while?

Lol thats good then i thought i had a weird one, ive never seen it before, untill ive owned him,

Speaking of weird, all the panthers seem to have alot in common with each other, like they do things only panthers do :rolleyes:. Like chomp on limbs, eat dirt, hold food in their mouth and some others I can't come up with now. Maybe we should have a "common personality traits in panthers" thread.

my veiled does the same thing . i guess they just wanna make sure their safe before making another move . u know how chams are !

My Lily used to do that too! She would look like she was smoking her food rather than eating it, lol! Haven't seen Tommy do it though, and Amy.... well, her food 'doesn't touch the sides', lol! She would inhale it if she could!:eek:

i have a nosy be panther and he does this to at least one or two crickets every time he is fed. i actually find it very amusing

My Mellers does it and will not eat it till I leave or turn my head. He is real friendly -- just dont like me to see him chew his food I guess?

My guy sometimes does this aswell. They are just looking around, staying as still as possible until they can see the area is predator-free.

I have 6 chams and all of them do that time to time, Especially when I'm watching them. They seem to have there eye on me instead of paying attention to their food. But most of the time they scoff the crickets down right away.

A few here have been known to do that as well. Mostly when they are eating dubias. I have to wonder, do they have an odd texture or taste? Sometimes it has happened with supers. Never with silkworms though. Never with houseflies. Not in my experience anyway.

Back
Top Bottom