Does anyone use any Aestheticly Pleasing lights?

ChameleonBoss

I'm getting a heating lamp and a Repti Sun 10.0, but does anyone add any other lights that look aesthicly pleasing? anyone have pics for example???

I'm getting a heating lamp and a Repti Sun 10.0, but does anyone add any other lights that look aesthicly pleasing? anyone have pics for example???

You can always get a double T5-HO fixture so you can house a UVB bulb & 5000k or 6500k grow light.

Just adding the grow light for live plants is a PLUS. Keeps those bad boys alive indoors and brightens up the enclosure.

I use a 6.0 Arcadia bulb + 6500k grow light + Basking bulb and my enclosure looks pretty natural // bright.

I used a red/blue LED plant grow light in addition to the 5.0 reptiglow and 60w soft white (for heat), the combo gives off a cool look:
U3XP8ME.jpg

its dimmable and you can choose the amount of each color you want, and the best part is it fits in a standard clamp lamp fixture
http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=700

I like the T8 dual lamp fixtures from DIYCages.com. They look pretty clean and match the AquaZamp LowProfile RainDome pretty well.

Having odd looking colors in the cage is a bad idea if you want to provide the most natural experience for your chameleon. Best to stick to the UVB lamp and a full spectrum 6500k lamp to keep plants alive and give more light. Light is a big part of their lives in nature so it's good to try and replicate it.

I like the T8 dual lamp fixtures from DIYCages.com. They look pretty clean and match the AquaZamp LowProfile RainDome pretty well.

Having odd looking colors in the cage is a bad idea if you want to provide the most natural experience for your chameleon. Best to stick to the UVB lamp and a full spectrum 6500k lamp to keep plants alive and give more light. Light is a big part of their lives in nature so it's good to try and replicate it.

I agree, as close to natural as we can replicate is best! You can get a nice looking dual t8 at home depot any size for under 15, I just got a very nice dual 48" for $13, if you get creative with mounting you cant even see the housing

I use an Arcadia T5HO quad fixture. It works great to light even the most highly planted enclosures. It is a very low profile light fixture and gives you such options. I use one 6% Arcadia UVB, two 6500k plant lights and a plant pro. The fixture I have also has blue LED lights to mimic the sunrise and sunset. Here's a link to my blog with some pictures and a lighting schedule.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/754-winter-lighting-schedule.html
I got mine from site sponsor 'Light Your Reptiles' and highly recommend it! Todd has tons of fixtures and lighting ideas and is always a great help!

I use an Arcadia T5HO quad fixture. It works great to light even the most highly planted enclosures. It is a very low profile light fixture and gives you such options. I use one 6% Arcadia UVB, two 6500k plant lights and a plant pro. The fixture I have also has blue LED lights to mimic the sunrise and sunset. Here's a link to my blog with some pictures and a lighting schedule.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/754-winter-lighting-schedule.html
I got mine from site sponsor 'Light Your Reptiles' and highly recommend it! Todd has tons of fixtures and lighting ideas and is always a great help!

I love the idea of the blue light!

It really does look nice in the morning and gives a little time for him to settle in for the night if he needs to prior to lights out!

Back
Top Bottom