Does anyone on here have horses?

I've always been afraid of horses since one of the kids in the 3rd grade had her jaw broken and skull fractured from being kicked by one. Ouch.

Haha, I've seen that before. It's a little creepy.

I've always been afraid of horses since one of the kids in the 3rd grade had her jaw broken and skull fractured from being kicked by one. Ouch.

Wow, that's scary. I'm lucky enough never to have been seriously hurt around horses.

Mystique and Fendi are both gorgeous!!!!!!

I don't have them anymore, but these are my horses I had. the Brown one with a blaze is Yankee He had Equine Motor Neuron Disease. (ALS in People) I has to put him down three years ago. The other horse is Anny a standardbred I rescued and retrained I had to sell her about 3 1/2 years ago cause I didn;t have th emoney for her anymore. I wish I could have horse now I miss them so much. Its really hard to ride other peoples horses now I loved having my own. I hate getting attached to something that isn't mine

Attachments

• yANKS.jpg
    yANKS.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 6620_123136248800_650673800_2203818_2633627_n.jpg
    6620_123136248800_650673800_2203818_2633627_n.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 95
  • l_79055ddccb9645c29c29fd51fc99dbd6.jpg
    l_79055ddccb9645c29c29fd51fc99dbd6.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 110
  • l_f8ad5778f392d4aed2b60a60a8361f49.jpg
    l_f8ad5778f392d4aed2b60a60a8361f49.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 103
I do!

I have a beautiful 23 year old Irish Sports Horse that is retired and is making a great fat lawn ornament :D

I am lucky enough to be riding 2 horses for people who don't have enough time for them in Hunter classes. I am currently travelling on business but when I get home I will post some photos from my desk top.

I meant to comment on your avatar before.....I love horses with blue eyes. My first pony was called Ben when growing up and he was a cremello with blue eyes and I had him for 15 years before he passed. I have a soft spot for horses with blue eyes...:)

I don't have them anymore, but these are my horses I had. the Brown one with a blaze is Yankee He had Equine Motor Neuron Disease. (ALS in People) I has to put him down three years ago. The other horse is Anny a standardbred I rescued and retrained I had to sell her about 3 1/2 years ago cause I didn;t have th emoney for her anymore. I wish I could have horse now I miss them so much. Its really hard to ride other peoples horses now I loved having my own. I hate getting attached to something that isn't mine

Aww, I'm sorry : [

I do!

I have a beautiful 23 year old Irish Sports Horse that is retired and is making a great fat lawn ornament :D

I am lucky enough to be riding 2 horses for people who don't have enough time for them in Hunter classes. I am currently travelling on business but when I get home I will post some photos from my desk top.

I meant to comment on your avatar before.....I love horses with blue eyes. My first pony was called Ben when growing up and he was a cremello with blue eyes and I had him for 15 years before he passed. I have a soft spot for horses with blue eyes...:)

That's awesome! I free leased a cremello Paso Fino for a while. Here are some pictures of him: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cloudsmystique/sets/72157618984169031/

We did NOT get along, haha.

Your horses are beautiful!

I would love to have some, but i jsut cant here in So Cal. I want to move back to my family farm in Michigan and have a few, maybe even draft horses

I've always admired horses and would love to have one but to keep on in the city costs way too much because you have to board them at a stable.

I have an uncle that has 3 horses just west of Jacksonville. He also has a bunch of other animals from bunnies to alpacas.

A big problem with keeping horses here or really in most of the southern states are rattle snakes. My uncle keeps a donkey because they are good at hunting and killing snakes.

I recall one time the whole family was over at his house and we were all walking the horses with the kids on them.. The donkey kept coming up and biting us. He wanted to be rode. He settled down and was happy once he had a child on his back.

Your horses are beautiful BTW.

My only complaint about equestrians is the fact that I'm an avid mountain bike rider and most of the best trails are reserved for horses and you can get into serious trouble if caught on a mountain bike on those trails. But eh...what are you gonna do.

Your horses are beautiful!

I would love to have some, but i jsut cant here in So Cal. I want to move back to my family farm in Michigan and have a few, maybe even draft horses

That's awesome... I'd love to have a draft.

I've always admired horses and would love to have one but to keep on in the city costs way too much because you have to board them at a stable.

I board them, but I board them in sort of a rural city. I live in the city, so it's a 30 minute drive out there, but at least it isn't that expensive.

I have an uncle that has 3 horses just west of Jacksonville. He also has a bunch of other animals from bunnies to alpacas.

A big problem with keeping horses here or really in most of the southern states are rattle snakes. My uncle keeps a donkey because they are good at hunting and killing snakes.

Rattlesnakes are scary... Luckily I've never come across one in Florida, but I did see a cottonmouth on the trail a couple weeks ago :S

This is the one I saw: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3457/3943015489_e712bd789d_b.jpg

I recall one time the whole family was over at his house and we were all walking the horses with the kids on them.. The donkey kept coming up and biting us. He wanted to be rode. He settled down and was happy once he had a child on his back.

That's so funny! I love donkeys. They're such characters. My aunt and uncle got a couple donkeys to keep at their cattle ranch because they were having problems with coyotes taking the calves. Apparently donkeys HATE dogs. They haven't had a problem with the coyotes since.

Your horses are beautiful BTW.

My only complaint about equestrians is the fact that I'm an avid mountain bike rider and most of the best trails are reserved for horses and you can get into serious trouble if caught on a mountain bike on those trails. But eh...what are you gonna do.

Really? I've found that the biking trails here are way cooler than our horse trails. They have lots of steep hills and stuff, and our trails are just flat and boring. We do have a lot of trails that are shared by bikers and riders, though. The trails I ride on almost every day have bikers, joggers, and even fishermen. I'm usually the only rider out there, but sometimes I see other people on horses.

Really? I've found that the biking trails here are way cooler than our horse trails. They have lots of steep hills and stuff, and our trails are just flat and boring. We do have a lot of trails that are shared by bikers and riders, though. The trails I ride on almost every day have bikers, joggers, and even fishermen. I'm usually the only rider out there, but sometimes I see other people on horses.

I really wasn't referring to Florida in this regard. Florida has some of the worst trails in the country. I'm more along the lines of talking about less flat areas like VA, NC, WV, and NY.

These States seem to cater to the equestrian more so than the MTN Biker. I presume it has something to do with equestrians inherently having more money to donate to various local politicians.

LOL yeah Donkeys are a trip. This one in particular actually likes "his" dogs and will play with and protect them.

I started leasing Bishop today. He is my first horse. He is a Trakehner/Arabian and is 6 years old. He is such a sweetheart.

bishop.jpg

bishop3.jpg

I just pulled these guys from the feed lot. Need to find them homes that won't send them to slaughter.

auctionhorses 006.jpg

auctionhorses 002.jpg

auctionhorses 011.jpg

I started leasing Bishop today. He is my first horse. He is a Trakehner/Arabian and is 6 years old. He is such a sweetheart.

bishop.jpg

bishop3.jpg

He's adorable!

Very nice! How does leasing a horse work?

There are different ways to do it, but you usually split the cost of board with the owner. And the owner usually pays for things like vet bills, farrier, etc. But sometimes the person leasing pays for almost everything, and sometimes they pay nothing at all.

I just pulled these guys from the feed lot. Need to find them homes that won't send them to slaughter.

View attachment 16364

View attachment 16365

View attachment 16366

Aww, good for you! I hope they find homes soon.

Back
Top Bottom