does anyone know if roaches can eat coconut?

little leaf

Avid Member
soooo, my daughter INSISTED on getting a real coconut- I told her she could try it - ( I did not think she would like it- lol) she does not care for it- I hate the stuff- INSERT BARFING FACE HERE ! :p but can I feed it to my roaches and crix?

soooo, my daughter INSISTED on getting a real coconut- I told her she could try it - ( I did not think she would like it- lol) she does not care for it- I hate the stuff- INSERT BARFING FACE HERE ! :p but can I feed it to my roaches and crix?

yes, you can add this to your gutload variety. Its good for thyroid, counteracts goitrogenic effect of some veggies/fruits. Good source of Manganese. But high in Saturated Fat and has a lot more phosphorous than calcium.

ok, thanks :) should I only feed say like a 1/2 cup ? can I OD them on it? I am a bit confused as to how much they should eat a night- I know they can eat a whole apple in 12 min- they never have food left in the am no matter how much I put in - should they have food left in the am or not? ( i put in like at last 2 cups of food )

ok, thanks :) should I only feed say like a 1/2 cup ? can I OD them on it? I am a bit confused as to how much they should eat a night- I know they can eat a whole apple in 12 min- they never have food left in the am no matter how much I put in - should they have food left in the am or not? ( i put in like at last 2 cups of food )

Guess it depends how many you have in there. I dont know if there is a max amount for coconut, having never given mine more than a little at a time.
Mine also eat everything I give them overnight, indeed likey within an hour. I feed them before bed and again once during the day. I try to give them a variety of things, and not too much of any one thing.
Maybe give yours the half cup plus half a carrot or something one day, something totally different the next day, and then back to some coconut plus a leafy green the following day?

Guess it depends how many you have in there. I dont know if there is a max amount for coconut, having never given mine more than a little at a time.
Mine also eat everything I give them overnight, indeed likey within an hour. I feed them before bed and again once during the day. I try to give them a variety of things, and not too much of any one thing.
Maybe give yours the half cup plus half a carrot or something one day, something totally different the next day, and then back to some coconut plus a leafy green the following day?

ok, Thanks so much for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom