does anyone keep jacksons montanus chams?(dwarf jacksons)

cacoonkitty

Hi guys, does anyone keep jacksons chameleon -montanus (dwarf jackson chams?) as i might be getting a pair of c.bs both from difrent parents and 1 year old from a breeder near me in the u.k(practicaly un heard of to get these here in the u.k !!!). i have experiance in keeping many reptiles (35 difrent types now) and know how to keep these little guys too but am intrested to know how are you guys are keeping them just as a comparison(good to learn for people who have already had experiance with these) ??? perhaps pictures of your vivs and male and female difrences. ect ect thanks :D

It is better to equip a mister for them as I recall UK is a little dry when I was there 12 years ago.....:rolleyes:

I'd experience with M. Jackson for 4 years now and the one I now got has been with me for over 2 years. They can be tough species as long as you provide them the right condition.

DSCF0036.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

yes i will be putting them in wooden verticaly orientated vivs and they will have seperate ones apart from when i want them to breed and the vivs will be all live planted with plenty of climbing vines and will have mesh tops and possibly mesh fronts too(or glass doors) depending on how the current breeder is keeping them(as i will try to mimmic him as he knows what he is doing), i do have an external humidifier on a timer that goes on at intervals that i can change to suit, and i will also spray them by hand 2 timesa day(as i dont have an automatic sprayer ), i will put a dripper system in there vivS so they can drink from the leaves and feed them calcium/vitamine dusted insects 3-4 times a week as well as providing A REPTI GLO U.V strip bulb 0.5 and a 60W low heat basking light in one corner at the top of there vivs .Ambient day tems at 70-72 F and night time drop at 59-60 F does this sound right guys:?(off the top of my head by the way)

Sounds like you've got everything ready:)

Just a kind reminder that as to avoid Jackson develop URI, cage ventilation is also an important factor while you boots up humidities level with hand sprayer as well as humidifier......

oh thanks guys, love the video too!! , i went to see the guy today and i havent seen the animals yet but said i would take the pair ,hope they are both of sound helth ect ect,( he seems a pretty qlued up guy and well educated with regards to these animals so i expect they will be!!) he said he wouldnt let me have them if i didnt know what i was on a bout and as we live close to each other we could breed them together so as not to inter breed and so am looking forward to this new experiance in my reptile keeping!!! the will be costing me 300 for the pair but these chams are unheard of as captive breds in the u.k and also hardly ever seen even w.c specimins ,so im thinking myself lucky!!! !. im getting them inb 3 weeks!! so must now set upm there vivs seperatly all nice for them!!

Back
Top Bottom