Does anyone else have to save their plants from their Veiled Chameleon? 🤣

I really would love to have your permission to use this image on social as an educational post on Veileds eating their plants. :) May I please?
Of course!!! This is the only ‘social media’ I have so if there is a way to share what you posted I’d love to see it.

I first rescued a male vieled that i figured out could not target properly wirh his tongue. I never saw him eat unless it was a worm from a dish. i researched and learned veileds eat leafy stuff, fruit, and sometimes flowers. So i then researched every lettuce availabke at a supermarket and learned collard greens have the highest content of A. So i added it to his diet first day the bowl was empty. Yeah! So i suggest try adding a cleaned collard greens. Some breeders take a whole leaf and tie it to something and the little ones go at it. I find its easier to just make a salad! It might save you plants. you can also dust with calcium if needed.
Oh that’s very interesting. I might try that.

@elizaann2 here is the post that was created using your image. Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 11.06.06 AM.png

Yes @Beman, tell me about the hibiscus blooms!
I am lucky when I get to see them. Beman pulls the buds off as soon as they start to show color lol. I have them in the cage now but they require an LED light to bloom. I have the jungle dawn LED bar.

They are his absolute favorite. This was when we were in Cali. I had them in his out door enclosure and pulled them off to put them in his cage.

Hibiscus 5-31-214 .jpg 5-31-21 1.JPG 5-31-21 3.JPG

I am lucky when I get to see them. Beman pulls the buds off as soon as they start to show color lol. I have them in the cage now but they require an LED light to bloom. I have the jungle dawn LED bar.

They are his absolute favorite. This was when we were in Cali. I had them in his out door enclosure and pulled them off to put them in his cage.

View attachment 335591View attachment 335592View attachment 335593
This is so adorable. What a sweet boy ❤️

Sometimes, I'm a little slow or Carmelo Cham is really bright. He's on a eating reduction (diet). Everyday, around noon, I find him in the Pothos. Sitting in the middle of the plant. I thought he was bored. I asked the forum, is he bored and what do I need to do for this. 1 poop later, he ain't bored, he's eating!

Sometimes, I'm a little slow or Carmelo Cham is really bright. He's on an eating reduction (diet). Everyday, around noon, I find him in the Pothos. Sitting in the middle of the plant. I thought he was bored. I asked the forum, is he bored and what do I need to do for this. 1 poop later, he ain't bored, he's eating!
That is awesome! He is so smart. No bugs? Fine….I’ll just eat the plants :)

Back
Top Bottom