Does anyone else have this problem?

drcrossfire

Avid Member
My newest guy, Thor, has been really skiddish about two rather annoying things... Misting and drip cups! Whenever I mist he runs around in circles and then hides in a corner until I finish... If I put a drip cup in, he keeps shooting he tongue out at leaves trying to catch imaginary bugs?

I've been keeping him hydrated by spraying water in his mouth every time he eats...

I hope he learns to drink again soon. Any ideas?

One of my guys runs around like I'm throwing acid on him when I mist, the other guy loves it.

My newest guy, Thor, has been really skiddish about two rather annoying things... Misting and drip cups! Whenever I mist he runs around in circles and then hides in a corner until I finish... If I put a drip cup in, he keeps shooting he tongue out at leaves trying to catch imaginary bugs?

I've been keeping him hydrated by spraying water in his mouth every time he eats...

I hope he learns to drink again soon. Any ideas?

That is how they drink water, they shoot their tounge at any moving water to drink it, that what a dripper is for :)

That is how they drink water, they shoot their tounge at any moving water to drink it, that what a dripper is for :)

No, he isn't drinking! None of the lapping up water... It's an all out shot at the leaves... And he loses interest after he "misses" twice....

Maybe that's his style? Ive got 5 others and have never seen one drink like that... Is that how. Yours drink?

Kal El seemed to be missing the water drops too. I bought a soft plastic water lilly plant, took off two of the leaves and tied them to the branches so the first one catches the water and then drips off to the other plastic leaf below. He really seems to like this and has even sat under the drips of water, as if getting a shower. He is drinking really well now and I can take the big plastic leaves out and clean them.

Back
Top Bottom