Does anyone ELSE have a COCKROACH phobia?

ZEROPILOT

Avid Member
I live in south Florida. Home of some gigantic roaches, small roaches and in between roaches and all of them make my skin crawl!
Out of necessity, I looked for a suitable Florida legal large feeder insect to feed to my two adult Veileds and small, but growing fast Panther.
I came across HORSESHOE CRAB ROACHES. They appealed to me because they are not long winged, are slow and do not climb. They only look marginally like your standard American Cockroach....My mortal enemy.
I ordered some from @jamest0o0 and they arrived today.
I got a generous group of them from nymphs to adults. All very much alive. All very active and exactly what I'd hoped for.
I even briefly held the largest adult in my hand. Although it wasn't a great experience.
I reccomend both these feeders and @jamest0o0 if you find yourself in my situation. Or if you just want a good and reliable roach seller. He has many species!
I'm very pleased. And the lizard menu has just been updated.

I live in south Florida. Home of some gigantic roaches, small roaches and in between roaches and all of them make my skin crawl!
Has anyone tried Palmetto bugs [ Eurycotis floridana ] as feeders, or are they toxic or something?

There seems to be some confusion in the archives and on google between them and the American cockroach, but the American cockroach is [ Periplaneta americana ]. Different genus, different species.

Phobia with me depends on whether they're crawling all over me.

Out of necessity, I looked for a suitable Florida legal large feeder insect to feed to my two adult Veileds and small, but growing fast Panther.
I came across HORSESHOE CRAB ROACHES. They appealed to me because they are not long winged, are slow and do not climb. They only look marginally like your standard American Cockroach....My mortal enemy.
I ordered some from @jamest0o0 and they arrived today.
I got a generous group of them from nymphs to adults. All very much alive. All very active and exactly what I'd hoped for.
I even briefly held the largest adult in my hand. Although it wasn't a great experience.
I reccomend both these feeders and @jamest0o0 if you find yourself in my situation. Or if you just want a good and reliable roach seller. He has many species!
I'm very pleased. And the lizard menu has just been updated.
Pictures lol

I hate roaches and have had little to no luck feeding dubia but am willing to try new feeders for my chams sake. Roaches are a hard sell as a renter it's the last thing anyone wants me to bring indoors regardless the species or intent. But silk worms are so hard to get I'll think deeper on roaching it up

I hate roaches and have had little to no luck feeding dubia but am willing to try new feeders for my chams sake. Roaches are a hard sell as a renter it's the last thing anyone wants me to bring indoors regardless the species or intent. But silk worms are so hard to get I'll think deeper on roaching it up
I just had a disastrous event trying to obtain SILKWORMS.
What I got was a plastic tub full of melted gooey death.
Thank God these guys showed up alive.

Has anyone tried Palmetto bugs [ Eurycotis floridana ] as feeders, or are they toxic or something?

There seems to be some confusion in the archives and on google between them and the American cockroach, but the American cockroach is [ Periplaneta americana ]. Different genus, different species.

Phobia with me depends on whether they're crawling all over me.
We've got them and I've seen wild Knights Anoles eat them.
They're disgusting. But not poisonous.

Back
Top Bottom