does anybody elses cham shoot at their face?>

tv321406

mine does. lately he has been trying to shoot his tounge at my face after his cup of feeders has run out. hes a male veiled about 1 yr old. i feed him about 6-7 crix everyday. it seems like he gets enough to eat, i think hes just weird

Maybe the glare from your eye attracts him. Example, chameleons like to shoot at water droplets. I have one stick i use to use to get my cham out and he started shooting at it for some reason. Ill put it up to him so he can grab on and he lines up and shoots. :)

Do you have a mustache that looks like a fuzzy bug? :) Vince's idea sounds pretty good too..

shutters at the eyeball tongue and the hitting....not the eyes man!

maybe try giving him a bit more food, may curve his trigger tongue.

hard to say why he likes to target your face..maybe were something to hide it a bit.

My Male veiled Jake has shot at me.

When I am introducing my Melleri to one another I have seen them try to shoot at one another if I put them together. It is a dominance display.

my current veiled used to shoot at my eyes when he was younger, and so did the veiled before that. we always thought it was the pupil of our eyes, looks kinda like a bug movin around! hahah :)

I've been shot in the eye once - my guess was the blinking attracted him. He also likes to try for shiny things, such as rings and polished fingernails.

My Jacksons ate a penny once.

I had him out of his cage, and I was just sort of amusingly watch him explore the room, he seemed to be enjoying himself. Then suddenly he noticed a penny on the carpet, and just zapped it.

Fortunately it was too large for him to even come close to swallowing. I ran over and got it out of his mouth right away.

It was really funny hearing the *PING* sound when he hit it with his tongue.

I've been shot in the eye once - my guess was the blinking attracted him. He also likes to try for shiny things, such as rings and polished fingernails.

Was that your story a while back.... someone said they were reading chameleon forums and their cham shot them in the eye from near by?

Was that your story a while back.... someone said they were reading chameleon forums and their cham shot them in the eye from near by?
It could be; I think I had mentioned it before. He was on my shoulder, I even saw him bring both eyes into focus and line up for the shoot, and he still hit me before I knew what was happening. That was three years ago now, and he hasn't done it since.

well, i dont have a mustache, but my eyebrows do look like caterpillars haha. and i also wear glasses (not just for eye protection from him) so maybe one of these are confusing him haha. were going to be getting dubias from sara270 soon, maybe those will be more satisfying

My Female veiled has a go at me sometimes when she is sitting on my shoulder!!when i turn to look at her i can see her getting ready to shot so i turn my head slowly away and she changes her mind,i think it may have something to do with the eyes!didn't hurt!!:)

Back
Top Bottom