do you put the UVB inside or out?

Joann

Do I lay the flourescent tube fixture on the top outside of the cage or do I fix it inside? I would assume outside the cage so they cant climb on it??
I have a basic homemade enclosure that is 24x18x(not quite finished so either 36 or 48) Its by no means a permanent thing, thats why I think I will make it 36..

Thanks for your patience..

yeah i would put it on the outside of the cage. there is no need to have it inside the cage with the chameleon. good luck with your cage ;)

definitely on the outside. Just make sure it does not pass through glass as the uvb will be ineffective.

Thanks I kinda figured.The cage is screen but I put a wire mesh across the top because I was worried the screening might not be strong enough to hold the lighting.
Like I said its temporary, I fully intend to purchase either a really large reptarium or build something big.It depends on if I feel lazy or not.Although Ive been really reading that stuff about free ranging(very cool but scary).

Thanks I kinda figured.The cage is screen but I put a wire mesh across the top because I was worried the screening might not be strong enough to hold the lighting.
Like I said its temporary, I fully intend to purchase either a really large reptarium or build something big.It depends on if I feel lazy or not.Although Ive been really reading that stuff about free ranging(very cool but scary).

Yeah that's exactly what I do with my wire mesh

I have the Arcadia 6% UV tube lighting mounted in my terrarium with a reflector behind it for maximum output. It doesn't get hot, so no burn-risks. This way my animals have the most benefits from it. My baskinglight however is mounted on the outside of the terrarium, because of burn-risks.

I have the Arcadia 6% UV tube lighting mounted in my terrarium with a reflector behind it for maximum output. It doesn't get hot, so no burn-risks. This way my animals have the most benefits from it. My baskinglight however is mounted on the outside of the terrarium, because of burn-risks.
You don't worry about it getting wet?

Yeah I have mine on the outside.

Good thing too, if Simba got any closer to it (on his fave branch), he'd be giving a bit fat hug!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom