Do You or Don't You???

Everything here gets a name. That is my husband's "part of reptile ownership"! Noone knows where he gets some of them.:)

Didn't really name until getting immersed in this forum. Vet records have my girls listed as Lips (because she had minor scars on her lips), Little Girl (obvious she was the smallest), Lady (the oldest), names where just for their records and for me to tell them apart. The male didn't have a name (he's the only one I had).

Now that doesn't mean that I didn't talk to them. I didn't realize how much until my husband summer breaks when he's at the house 24/7 (I work from home). He thought I was nuts! But I am :D

you betcha.
Paul, Pixel, and Pong chai.
Gonna get a female carpet hopefully soon (Piper)
I don't name my mantises though.. because if i do that, I have to name the other 2000 insects i kept in garage (crix, dubia, silkies, etc :p)

I named all pets we ever had except my fish. I dont know why but I just cant name em. My daughter does have a betta named bed head fred though

I have 23 animals that are named. The only thing that's not named are the fish. The chams are Hammie aka Hambone, Rocky & Shybug. I have 3 leopard geckos that my daughter named ( say this 3 times fast ) Loulu, Lily, & Lucy. Water dragon, Friday. And our newest of the reptiles is Fireball the bearded dragon. With 23 you have to name them so you know who you're talking about!

I'd feel weird about having a pet without a name...

Veiled Chameleon: Shylah
2 Siamese cats: Ming and Ling
Finch: Hank
Golden Claw Fiddler Crab: Crab (creative, I know!)

RIP...
2 ferrets: Azriel and Pyre
Yorkshire Terrier: Midget
Mountain Horned Dragon: Kia
Green Iguana: Ash
3 guinea pigs: Buddy, Fera, Woody (skinny pig)
15+ newts: can't remember all of their names except for Rayna and Munky (Korn!)
African Clawed Albino Frog: Ozander
Betta fish: Fishy

I, too, name most of my pets. I think the main reason is that it makes it easier for my husband and me to talk about them. It's easier to say "Mara started shedding today" then "our smallest female jacksonii, yes the one on the end, started shedding today". :)
However I didn't name the fish or the frogs...

I, too, name most of my pets. I think the main reason is that it makes it easier for my husband and me to talk about them. It's easier to say "Mara started shedding today" then "our smallest female jacksonii, yes the one on the end, started shedding today". :)
However I didn't name the fish or the frogs...

This is the main reason Renee and I name them... Plus its kinda fun. :D

We don't name the roaches or crickets or silks or HWs or butterworms or........... ya know

All of my pets have names. However my veiled cham came to me as a "female" and he certainly is not. He was named "Chloe" and that seems like it doesn't fit, lol. We may go with Clyde. Haven't come up with anything better. :)

I name everything I have and so does my boyfriend.
Chameleon- Libby
Blue Tongue Skink- Sid
Dog- Coco
Betta- Mephistopheles
Even my apple snail- Lump
Bearded Dragon- Kira
3 Fire Belly Toads- Larry, Daryl, and Daryl
I am getting a Royal Gramma soon. I haven't decided what his name will be.

is it pretty hard to keep those clown fish alive? i've always wanted one and just wondering the amount of time and money that has to go in having those nemos..??

By giving all of my pets names, I too really feel like they are part of the family. I do tons of online research and take a lot of consideration before deciding on the prefect name for each pet.

- Veiled Chameleon (male): Buddy. Named him from the movie "Open Season" where the porcupine is always popping up saying "Buddddy" with his dazed smile.
- Green Iguana (sex unknown): Delana or possibly Delano
- Fat-Tailed Gecko (male): Forrest
- Blood Red Corn Snake (female): Scarlet. Not to be confused with "Gone With The Wind".
- Cobalt Blue Tarantula (female): Priscilla. Named after Elvis' lady.

That's my gang for now, but I really want more, more, more :D

My sister names all my pets for me. Named the chameleon Germaine (though she was referred to as Not-Germaine for about a month until I gave in). Named my rat Molly (completely black except for white "gloves" and her lower stomach. Just like a maid). Might explain why my grass lizards were named Bob, Bob 2 and Bob 3 as well.

I feel I have to name every pet I own as I love them all like children:)

My current pink panther is named Oliver and my past chameleons were named:

George, Louis, Frankie, Michael, Roberta, Billy and Oscar.

I give a lot of thought to naming them and I feel they should all have a 'proper' name:rolleyes:;)

Back
Top Bottom