Do you go to music concerts?

what was everyones first show? mine was a band called Pymy love circus. its danny cary from tools side project. awesome show

My first show was Survivor with REO Speedwagon! Then I also saw REO again with the Georgia Satellites. Not that I'm really a big REO fan or anything, but they are pretty good in concert.

Most recently I just saw Alice in Chains, in September, and it was really awesome. (They were with the Deftones and Mastodon)

Other bands I've seen (not in any particular order):

Pink Floyd
Scorpions
Prince
Tom Petty
Beach Boys with Joan Jett
Robert Plant
Rolling Stones with Living Colour
Metallica
Iron Maiden

One of my favorites was seeing James Brown in East Berlin (in 1988)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few too...

Im 13 so bare with me..

The Fray
Owl City
Coldplay
ACDC
Jack Johnson
John Mayer
Maroon 5

There is nothing wrong with AC/DC and Jack Johnson! As for the reat of your list....ehhh! J/K Lol. Thats quite an impressive resume for 13. My sons were 13 and 14 when we took them to see their first concert--U2. We had a blast!

Here's a partial list of bands I've seen play. I could go on and on. So many local bands, great shows and great clubs. A lot of these bands I've seen more than once too:eek:

Iggy Pop
Nina Hagen
Psychadelic Furs
Love and Rockets
Tones on Tail
The Cure
The Cult
The Alarm
The Damned
P.I.L.
The Addics
The Adolescents
The Vandals
The Greatfull Dead
Motley Crew
AC/DC
The Scorpions
Ziggey Marley
HR/Bad Brains
The Offspring
Circle Jerks
Burning Tree
Robert Cray
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Johnny Thunders
Social Distortion
TSOL
Dead Kennedys
King Crimson
Kate Bush
Christian Death
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tex and the Horse Heads
45 Grave
Exobiota
Scarecrows
Jesus and Mary Chain
U.A.T.
China White
Cadillac Tramps
Violent Femes
Sisters of Mercy
The Dickeys
The Cramps
Black Flag
Accept

Around this time last year, I was on tour with Metallica! Ok, not really. :p I had tickets to their last 3 north american shows and followed them from Sacramento, to Anaheim and finally San Jose. 3 shows in 5 nights...most incredible week I've ever had in 40+ years!

Ooo, fun. There's some cool stuff in this thread. I just went to the last two Faith No More reunion shows in the U.S. and had a blast. Pretty much go to anything Mike Patton does. I have a friend doing a research project (for pay even) about all the musicians who've performed at any of the San Diego State University venues so I was just looking through my old ticket stubs.

FNM
Fantomas (awesome!)
Tomahawk
Mr. Bungle
Tool - many times since '94
Crash Worship - youtube it ;)
Ministry/Helmet/Sepultura (possible reason my hearing rings for a day after shows now)
Gwar - a few times, always entertaining
Pantera
a bunch of death metal bands back in the day i can't remember
Insane Clown Posse (got dragged to that one about 15 years ago but gotta admit it was fun)
The Cure
U2
Korn - saw them 4 times in little clubs before their first album came out. Saw them for the last time touring for the 2nd album
Lords of Acid/Thrill Kill Kult - since it was mentioned before, saw both at one show
Violent Femmes
Social Distortion
Jewel - at the coffee house before she got famous and years later doing a show with the rugburns
Neurosis - always good. and loud.
Primus and other Claypool bands a bunch of times
Snoop
Tricky
Massive Attack
Oingo Boingo!
Tori Amos
The Offspring/Quicksand - got a nice lip scar from this one
The Sisters of Mercy - me, too. high school, 1991 I think....
ummmm....
deftones
jane's addiction (remembered those after rereading posts above)
lots of other stuff I'm not remembering

This makes me :D How where the Violent Femmes?? Man I would have loved to see them.

The Queers
The Cramps
Reverend Horton Heat/Many times
Against All Authority
Bad Religion
Less than Jake
Deftones
NOFX
Bush
No Doubt
Chili Peppers
Foo Fighters
Strokes/ Many Times
Arcade Fire/ Many times
Hagfish
Kings of Leon
Regina Spektor
The Features
Tool
The Hold Steady
Teegan and Sara
Arctic Monkeys
Bob Dylan
Willie Nelson
James Taylor
The Black Keys

That's all I can think of right now, but many many small punk bands when I was about 15-17

Here's a partial list of bands I've seen play. I could go on and on. So many local bands, great shows and great clubs. A lot of these bands I've seen more than once too:eek:

Iggy Pop
Nina Hagen
Psychadelic Furs
Love and Rockets
Tones on Tail
The Cure
The Cult
The Alarm
The Damned
P.I.L.
The Addics
The Adolescents
The Vandals
The Greatfull Dead
Motley Crew
AC/DC
The Scorpions
Ziggey Marley
HR/Bad Brains
The Offspring
Circle Jerks
Burning Tree
Robert Cray
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Johnny Thunders
Social Distortion
TSOL
Dead Kennedys
King Crimson
Kate Bush
Christian Death
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tex and the Horse Heads
45 Grave
Exobiota
Scarecrows
Jesus and Mary Chain
U.A.T.
China White
Cadillac Tramps
Violent Femes
Sisters of Mercy
The Dickeys
The Cramps
Black Flag
Accept

Nina Hagen!? Kate Bush!!? Wow that's hot!

Hey Kent67, where did you see The Cure? I saw them at the Western Forum and at the Rose Bowl, excelent concerts!..."standing on the beach, with a gun on my hand, staring down the barrel at the @r@b on the ground"... ;)

'08 at SDSU Cox/Viejas Arena and '89 at the SD Sports Arena (first concert without supervision, LOL) What year was your Western Forum show?

Cadillac Tramps

Great list! Cadillac Tramps! We went to see them back in the day. Get this, they were headlining the show and the OPENING bands were No Doubt and Korn.

Oh, and the Femmes were great. I was trying to remember when that was....late '90s I think. Lot of energy from what I remember.

'08 at SDSU Cox/Viejas Arena and '89 at the SD Sports Arena (first concert without supervision, LOL) What year was your Western Forum show?

The Rose Bowl in '92 and the Western Forum in '96...I had to go look at my tickets...wow! that's a long time ago!... :(

Been Around awhile...These are just a few of the very many
Rolling Stones
The Who
Pink Floyd
Heart
Ac/DC
Peter Frampton
Cheap Trick
Journey
Ted Nugent
Aero Smith
Reo Speedwagon
Yes
Neil Young
Elton John
Eagles
Then there was the country phaze: lol
Hank Williams Jr
Charlie Daniels Band
the Judds
Willie Nelson
and the list goes on and on....

Been Around awhile...These are just a few of the very many
Rolling Stones
The Who
Pink Floyd
Heart
Ac/DC
Peter Frampton
Cheap Trick
Journey
Ted Nugent
Aero Smith
Reo Speedwagon
Yes
Neil Young
Elton John
Eagles
Then there was the country phaze: lol
Hank Williams Jr
Charlie Daniels Band
the Judds
Willie Nelson
and the list goes on and on....

Nice list Carol! I also forgot that I've seen Ted Nugent and Heart too. I also forgot Lynyrd Skynyrd, Glen Fry and U2. Can't believe I forgot U2 since I've seen them 3 times.

I also went to see Herbert Gronemyer when I was in Germany, some Germans on here probably know who he is.

Eesh!

Around this time last year, I was on tour with Metallica! Ok, not really. :p I had tickets to their last 3 north american shows and followed them from Sacramento, to Anaheim and finally San Jose. 3 shows in 5 nights...most incredible week I've ever had in 40+ years!

Thats alot of metallica!! Lol I got burnt out on them in high school. But I would love to plan a trip like that with one of my favorite bands. Ok so i have super bad memory but ill do my best.

Killswitch engage
Atreyu
Five finger death punch
Hatebreed
Korn
Seether
Neon trees
Three days grace (not a fan just, happened to be at buzz fest)
Bush
Deftones(several times)
Slipknot (several times)
My favorite band 36 crazyfists several times. (not very big but thats even better cause ive gotten the chance to have a few beers with them after their shows.
My first favorite band ever, limp bizkit, (reunited with wes borland) :D
And many many more!

Well, I never get tired of Dylan concerts and Guthrie is alot of fun. Have been to too many live shows since the 70's to really make a list. Now days, yes I am old, the hubbie and I try to take in alot of local or near there talent. There's some pretty talented people out there.:);):)

There were more than this, but most I saw at all day concerts, so a lot are left out because they didn't stick out.

Avenged Sevenfold
MSI
Korn
Rob Zombie
Disturbed
Five Finger Death Punch
Flogging Molly
Shinedown
Atreyu
Stone Sour
Skindred
Sum 41