Do I need to worry yet?

eahoormann

So y'all know how much of a worry wort I am. A few days ago Leif finished a shed and now he isn't opening his left eye. I've tried misting him really well directly and kept his cage really damp today. Also, am I seriously being a hypochondriac or is something wrong with his legs? This pic is from a few days ago before the eye thing. All this talk of MBD has got me freaked!!

Attachments

• 20170614_193250.jpg
    20170614_193250.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 174
Have you tried giving him a a long shower to help with the shed and eye stuff? Mine love being put in a soft warm shower, and while they don't always drink in there they do always spend some time cleaning their eyes out.
I can't speak to the leg question.

Have you tried giving him a a long shower to help with the shed and eye stuff? Mine love being put in a soft warm shower, and while they don't always drink in there they do always spend some time cleaning their eyes out.
I can't speak to the leg question.

I've never tried an actual shower. I might try. I have a pretty portable hibiscus I can put him on.

So I think he likes the shower a bit too much. I haven't had to deal with jumping chams until now... :eek::eek::eek: that is terrifying. I was so afraid he was going to hurt himself trying to get more water. I eventually just held him directly into the shower. He loved it! Eye is still closed but we will see how he is tomorrow. Almost lights out.

That's awesome that he loved it! You may want to make it a regular part of his routine, especially around shedding time. I believe Andee was the one who suggested the shower idea to me in the first place (Giving credit where it's due).

I picked up a fake tree from ikea, it makes shower time much easier than using your hand or a real plant.

That's awesome that he loved it! You may want to make it a regular part of his routine, especially around shedding time. I believe Andee was the one who suggested the shower idea to me in the first place (Giving credit where it's due).

I picked up a fake tree from ikea, it makes shower time much easier than using your hand or a real plant.

I think I will for sure try to shower him once a week!! It's crazy. My boyfriend doubts me as to how active Leif was in the shower, I'll have to prove it to him! ;)

Back
Top Bottom