Do I have the right things to house a chameleon?

Riley_kraeker03

Hi, I’m wondering about my tank size and if it is large enough to house a panther or vailed chameleon. The tank is 56in tall 21in wide and 13-14in deep. It is has a bunch of live plants and are mostly established other then the few I just added. The tank is normally around 70% humidity and can easily get to the right temperature it just needS a bulb. I will be getting/making a dripper soon. It a glass tank however I will be figuring how some way to pull air from the bottom to the top. It is also bio active and I am still in the process of full establishing the plants (I added 2 new ones today). Please left me know your thoughts on the size and what I have/need that I didn’t mention or if you feel that the tank would better suit another type of frog/reptile let me know
Thank you.
28209FD3-48DF-4EF1-B0D9-FACC39367B36.jpeg
37EDE334-546C-4CE2-9072-5244353F0A17.jpeg
4356ACDD-24FF-4A07-ACC0-07854DDEB136.jpeg
28209FD3-48DF-4EF1-B0D9-FACC39367B36.jpeg

Attachments

• 6CA4941D-11EA-475C-957F-65B792AC45C6.jpeg
    6CA4941D-11EA-475C-957F-65B792AC45C6.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 58
Try to add more branches he needs a lot of hiding spots and there are none as I can see. Make sure that lights are good and you are good.

Hi, I’m wondering about my tank size and if it is large enough to house a panther or vailed chameleon. The tank is 56in tall 21in wide and 13-14in deep. It is has a bunch of live plants and are mostly established other then the few I just added. The tank is normally around 70% humidity and can easily get to the right temperature it just needS a bulb. I will be getting/making a dripper soon. It a glass tank however I will be figuring how some way to pull air from the bottom to the top. It is also bio active and I am still in the process of full establishing the plants (I added 2 new ones today). Please left me know your thoughts on the size and what I have/need that I didn’t mention or if you feel that the tank would better suit another type of frog/reptile let me know
Thank you.View attachment 261153View attachment 261154View attachment 261155View attachment 261153
It is a beautiful enclosure. My only issue would be the depth. When you said 13-14 inches is that the widest points, or the narrowest from background to the front door?

It is a beautiful enclosure. My only issue would be the depth. When you said 13-14 inches is that the widest points, or the narrowest from background to the front door?
I believe they said 13-14 inches DEEP to answer your question

Take the glass out of the front door and make it screen. Also what is on the very top?
I won’t be taking out the glass because there will be a good amount of ventilation when I install a small fan to keep the air moving. I have done a fair amount of research and even putting in a fan may be unnecessary. As fir what’s at the top, it’s my crested gecko I wanted to give her some more space for a while and she seems to be enjoying the larger tank.

I won’t be taking out the glass because there will be a good amount of ventilation when I install a small fan to keep the air moving. I have done a fair amount of research and even putting in a fan may be unnecessary. As fir what’s at the top, it’s my crested gecko I wanted to give her some more space for a while and she seems to be enjoying the larger tank.
When using the fan, is there some type of screen at the bottom to be able to get the chimney effect with the fan for airflow? Cant really tell but having a fan over the top won't do much unless you have screen or some sort of ventilation at the bottom.

Moving air around inside a closed area is not what you want. You need a screen at the top, and somewhere else in the cage with some sort of vent or screen. If you have this, then it will work well. The fan at the top would either draw air in through the lower vent and pull it out of the top of the cage, or push air from the top down and out the lower vent. Either way this supplies fresh air and prevents URI, mold, etc.

I meant is the top glass or screen?
Moving air around inside a closed area is not what you want. You need a screen at the top, and somewhere else in the cage with some sort of vent or screen. If you have this, then it will work well. The fan at the top would either draw air in through the lower vent and pull it out of the top of the cage, or push air from the top down and out the lower vent. Either way this supplies fresh air and prevents URI, mold, etc.
Yes there is a screen at the top and underneath the tank is a storage compartment that has about a 1/4 in gap between the substrate and the door to allow for new air to be pushed in and for old air for escape out the top. I hope that makes sense

Ok, looks like a great system! But it’s too small for a panther or veiled in my opinion. Look into carpet chameleons or Jackson’s. It really is a very narrow enclosure. A panther or veiled would be longer than the tank is deep. But I do like the setup, just for a smaller inhabitant.

Ok, looks like a great system! But it’s too small for a panther or veiled in my opinion. Look into carpet chameleons or Jackson’s. It really is a very narrow enclosure. A panther or veiled would be longer than the tank is deep. But I do like the setup, just for a smaller inhabitant.
Alright thanks! I didn’t think it would be large enough but wanted to know what you guys thought.
another question I have would be do any of you guys know where I could find a Jackson’s or carpet chameleon in Canada. I’ve looked at a few places but they either don’t ship to my place or are way to expensive.

Back
Top Bottom