Do I have everything I need to be a great cham mama?

Awesome! Do you see many chams come to your clinic?
We actually have been seeing a lot more recently, I've only been at this particular hospital since October but for some reason the closer we get to summer the more reptiles we see. I always love seeing the chams when they come in. I think that's what really pushed me into getting one!

Thank you all so so much for all the advice and for being so nice and welcoming! I feel so much better about doing things right by my little man. I just gotta go get those last few things (heating gun, scale, and solarmeter 6.5). I will post picture of my enclosure and of my little man when I can. Thanks again!
I'm planning on getting him next week so if any one has any other advice or recommendations on what I need please let me know :)
The only other thing that I love having is a dimming Thermostat for the basking fixture. This has a probe and you set it to the temp you want and wire in the probe at basking level.
So why I love it.... If your air or heat in the house kicks on it effects the ambient temp in your enclosure. Therefor effecting your basking temp. When you have a standard heat fixture it just heats so if it gets hotter or colder it can not adjust to compensate for this. Posing a risk of baking your cham. Say your house temp is 80 degrees. With the basking fixture running it can jump up to 90 easy. With the dimming thermostat it adjusts to compensate for this... Which I love. You don't have to worry about the temp getting too hot or cold at basking. Once it reaches the set temp it dims down or turns off. Then dims up to warm it up more. I use the herpstat 2 but it can control 2 enclosures or two fixtures. You only need 1 basking fixture so you could buy the herpstat 1. What ever brand you were to buy it is important to make sure it is a dimming thermostat not an on/off thermostat. :)

Did you get anything for shake and baking your bugs? Bags get messy.. I love this! I think they sell it on amazon as well. You would only need 1 since you are doing the calcium plus LoD. I do not use the tube that comes with it. But I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS> https://www.bigalspets.com/rep-cal-...MI5ObVx-aj4gIViLzACh17JgfXEAQYCyABEgLInPD_BwE

Long tongs for picking up bugs. Makes picking up BSFL easier. I found a set on amazon for 8 bucks.

Last edited:
The only other thing that I love having is a dimming Thermostat for the basking fixture. This has a probe and you set it to the temp you want and wire in the probe at basking level.
So why I love it.... If your air or heat in the house kicks on it effects the ambient temp in your enclosure. Therefor effecting your basking temp. When you have a standard heat fixture it just heats so if it gets hotter or colder it can not adjust to compensate for this. Posing a risk of baking your cham. Say your house temp is 80 degrees. With the basking fixture running it can jump up to 90 easy. With the dimming thermostat it adjusts to compensate for this... Which I love. You don't have to worry about the temp getting too hot or cold at basking. Once it reaches the set temp it dims down or turns off. Then dims up to warm it up more. I use the herpstat 2 but it can control 2 enclosures or two fixtures. You only need 1 basking fixture so you could buy the herpstat 1. What ever brand you were to buy it is important to make sure it is a dimming thermostat not an on/off thermostat. :)

Did you get anything for shake and baking your bugs? Bags get messy.. I love this! I think they sell it on amazon as well. You would only need 1 since you are doing the calcium plus LoD. I do not use the tube that comes with it. But I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS> https://www.bigalspets.com/rep-cal-...MI5ObVx-aj4gIViLzACh17JgfXEAQYCyABEgLInPD_BwE

Long tongs for picking up bugs. Makes picking up BSFL easier. I found a set on amazon for 8 bucks.
Thanks for the tip! sounds like exactly what I need since I live in Cali and the air is always on. What brand do you use? Would you mind posting a link for a good one? If not no worries, i'll do my research on them either way :) I have the same thing for baking/shaking my bugs, but I got the one form amazon and I have tongs too! Thanks for all the ideas though, I feel way more prepared!

Thanks for the tip! sounds like exactly what I need since I live in Cali and the air is always on. What brand do you use? Would you mind posting a link for a good one? If not no worries, i'll do my research on them either way :) I have the same thing for baking/shaking my bugs, but I got the one form amazon and I have tongs too! Thanks for all the ideas though, I feel way more prepared!
I use the Herpstat 2 but you don't need the 2 unless you want the option of eventually running a second cage. lol I got it as a just in case I get a second cham option.
So you would want the Herpstat 1 here is a link to it but shop it to see if you can get a better price. Make sure it comes with the probe
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store...MI4fzx9cKl4gIV8ZFbCh0scQlAEAQYASABEgK20fD_BwE

Just bought one. Thanks a bunch!
Your welcome hun. I love mine. Some feel they aren't that important but I feel that they really are. I just started using mine about 6 weeks ago and the difference for me is amazing. You will find that the more you automate everything the less you have to worry as well. I have everything automated from lighting, misting, fogging, to basking temp. Digital timers become your best friend lol. The only thing I do is double check my levels, refill water, feed, and clean. :)

Back
Top Bottom