Do i have a shemale??????

lou e

Soooo....yeah...small casque, female colors...and..spurs?
I don't know who is more confused..me or.....it?
It was ordered as a male from FLChams.
I even put a bucket of moist sand in there last night to see if he'll lay eggs!
please advise!!! :confused::eek::confused::eek:

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1063.jpg
    IMG_1063.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 246
lmao WOW !

i remember when i had my female veiled i thought it was a shemale but as she got a bit older the bumps were just skin built up around that area a bit, not really spurs as i can clearly see in your case....

crazy !

It's definitely weird, to me she looks female except for the spurs. But it's tough to say if she's a hemaphrodite without seeing her internal organs, so it could just be a girl with spurs, if this is a rare but possible occurance.

I guess treat her like a female until proven otherwise? Keep her temps at about 80 and watch her diet and keep a laying bin in with her just in case.

For what this is worth...:

Chameleon Info:
•Your Chameleon - Veiled – 4-5 months. He has spurs, but his casque is really small. I’ve had him since March 6

•Handling – I handle him once a week on Sunday, cleaning day.

•Feeding – He eats between 10-20 crickets a day, plus up to 5 superworms and a couple waxworms a week. I gut load the crickets with bell pepper, butternut squash, carrots, kiwi, mango, kale, carrots, strawberries and Flukers. I free range them - ~8 crix in the morning and the same in the evening

•Supplements – I was a stupid newb and dusted the crickets every day with rep-cal herptivite multivitamins. I did this for exactly three weeks (March 6-27) then I realized my mistake and stopped dusting the crickets until I got straight calcium from lllreptiles. Now that I know…I won’t give him multivitamins for a while, and I’ve been dusting all the crickets with calcium since March 30. Also D3 on the first and third Friday of every month

•Watering – I hand-spray around 7 am every day with warm water, put on a humidifier that runs for about 4 hours before running out of water. I mist and refill the humidifier when I get home around 6, and mist again at least once before going turning the light off. The cage is definitely dry from about noon until 6 pm. I see him drinking about every day.

•Fecal Description - he takes big ol brown poops with mostly white urate, sometimes has a little yellow to it. Not tested for parasites.

•History – I got him from a guy who says he ordered the cham from flchams.com…claims he is of Newton’s bloodline. I got him when he was around 3.5 months old.

Cage Info:
•Cage Type – Screen Reptibreeze, 16x16x20

•Lighting – I use a ReptisunWh 5.0 UVB tropical. I turn it on when i get up around 7 am and off when i get home between 7:30 and 9 pm. He also gets sunlight (through the window) from ~9-10:30

•Temperature – I got a stupid analog deal that doesn’t work. I let the AC get up to 80 degrees during the day, so I assume that at the bottom of the cage its around 80 and under the light between 80 and 90. At night I turn the AC down to 74, although sometimes the temp in the room might drop to (lowest) 68.

•Humidity – again, stupid analog p.o.s. doesn’t work. {see Watering above}

•Plants – I have a croton, shefflera and dracenea. Also fake vines winding around above the plants.

•Placement – the cage is about 3 feet off the ground in the corner of my room. He is completely undisturbed all day. I keep the ceiling fan running all the time.

•Location – Dallas, TX

Current Problem – IS IT A HERMAPHRODITE???? :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

coloration looks exactly as a female veiled does, only thing that DOESNT look female like is the spurs on the back of the foot....

so i'd start referring to it as a she with spurs LOL, SHESPURS !

4-5 months? Just give it more time. Could be a female with spurs or a male that is slow to color up.

There isn't a thing that is unusual about your cham. You have a 4.5 month old male veiled. Males do not go into their full adult coloration or develop the enlarged casque until they are older. Your cham is a male, there is no question about it.

Also, even if it was a female, it wouldn't be laying eggs at that age/size.

Chris

There isn't a thing that is unusual about your cham. You have a 4.5 month old male veiled. Males do not go into their full adult coloration or develop the enlarged casque until they are older. Your cham is a male, there is no question about it.

Also, even if it was a female, it wouldn't be laying eggs at that age/size.

Chris

Well, thats that. I certainly believe you with that pedigree. Thanks man! :)

didnt you post a picture of the cham when it was black with blue and yellow looking patterns on it ?

it may be my avatar pic?

so i guess i will definitely know he is male when he starts producing sperm plugs?
...i know there is hardly ever a consistent answer with these guys... but around what age should i look for those?

The photos in this thread definitely look male....the colors/pattens in the one in your other thread was IMHO not looking definitely male.

I agree with Chris. He looks like a typical 4 to 5 month old male veiled. Luie was 8 or 9 months old before he colored up.

Here are some pics of the brother of this particular cham, I had received this one about 1 week after Loue's (Im the guy who sold him his) same bloodline, Newton's.

Attachments

• DSCN3114[1].jpg
    DSCN3114[1].jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 295
  • DSCN3118[1].jpg
    DSCN3118[1].jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN3082[1].jpg
    DSCN3082[1].jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 220
heres some pics when hes not totally fired up:

Attachments