Do I feed less or more?

My veiled chameleon turns 1 on the 27th this December. Do I still feed him the normal amount of crickets each day? im not sure what to do can someone help me?
Also side note: my crickets are dying more often and they come shipped by TC insects with a heat pack because it’s cold in Cali, any tips on what I can do to make them last longer?

My veiled chameleon turns 1 on the 27th this December. Do I still feed him the normal amount of crickets each day? im not sure what to do can someone help me?
Also side note: my crickets are dying more often and they come shipped by TC insects with a heat pack because it’s cold in Cali, any tips on what I can do to make them last longer?
How much do you usually feed and how often? Do you feed him anything else?

I do not have a male veiled but I do know that you are supposed to start feeding every other day before one year

Can you post a current picture of him. That amount of feeders at this age leads to obesity. I just want to get an idea of how he looks...

You need to cut back to 3 feeders every other day. He won't starve but he probably wont be happy either.

Post a pic so I can see if you have wiggle room to adjust gradually or if it needs to be more instant.

8869A5B0-8EA0-4AD6-BD2D-D38C5FEEB698.jpeg
This picture was taken today, I am feeding him 7-9 a day now.

View attachment 286382This picture was taken today, I am feeding him 7-9 a day now.
K he still looks healthy. So cut back to 3 every day for the next 2 weeks then start your every other day feeding schedule.

And you wanna pull that hammock out of there. very risky for their nails to get caught in that. I would pull the fake plants as well. He may actively start eating even if he is not now. THis is a pretty extreme impaction risk.

View attachment 286382This picture was taken today, I am feeding him 7-9 a day now.
Sometimes more, sometimes less
K he still looks healthy. So cut back to 3 every day for the next 2 weeks then start your every other day feeding schedule.

And you wanna pull that hammock out of there. very risky for their nails to get caught in that. I would pull the fake plants as well. He may actively start eating even if he is not now. THis is a pretty extreme impaction risk.
okay so once I cut back 3 crickets for 2 weeks, what happens after that?

Sometimes more, sometimes less

okay so once I cut back 3 crickets for 2 weeks, what happens after that?
Beman stated it’s 3 every other day after that, but be sure to switch out your fake plants for real ones so your chameleon doesn’t eat it, especially now that his food won’t be as abundant. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom