do cham toenails ever grow back?

Marina

my cham has lost 3 toenail in the past 2 months. there are black spots where the toenails used to be. he doesn't have a cage but he lives on a ficus tree with thick foam immitation vines that I bought at a pet store. could the problem be nutritional?

Yes they will grow back. I would highly suggest taking him to a vet in your area it may be an enviromental issue or a underlying health issues. Regardless of which it is he might need some form of antibiotics to keep them form getting infected.

Jordan said:
Yes they will grow back. I would highly suggest taking him to a vet in your area it may be an enviromental issue or a underlying health issues. Regardless of which it is he might need some form of antibiotics to keep them form getting infected.
Although the toenails do grow back, my chams. nails grew in not deformed, but bigger.Very odd

Don't give antibiotics as a preventitve - they may sometimes help, but they always hurt a little. The odds of having complications from preventative antibiotics are high, while the chances of him getting an infection are dependant on you conditions.

If they're pulled out, they will probably not grow back. If they are worn to nubs, they might.

It's usually caused by their nails being ripped out, or worn down. Do you handle it roughly? Pulling them off of quickly wll do it, as will prolonged walking on screen or hard surfaces.

PEPE DE CHAM. said:
how do you re dust the crickets. with out getting the white dust all over the cage
put the crickets in a small bag and shake or use a large deli cup and shake the vitamin powder in it

Back
Top Bottom