Do cham bites hurt?

DABRUTE

Does it depend on the age and size? lol

Well JR is 4 months and he bite my finger...it didnt hurt...but i can imagine when he gets older! I'm still trying to attempt to take him out and he isn't having it! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just use a Locust to get Tommy out just hold the locust leg and hold it in front off him when he starts to move to get it pull it back till he is front of the cage then put your hand there make him go on your hand to get it? Hope that has made sense ah

Does it depend on the age and size? lol

Well JR is 4 months and he bite my finger...it didnt hurt...but i can imagine when he gets older! I'm still trying to attempt to take him out and he isn't having it! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Usually, no.
An adult male veiled can bite pretty hard and draw some blood.

Most of the time, chams will head slap you with a mock bite.

I handle my chams nearly every day, and have never had a serious bite.

Kokie bites every time I need to get him in or out of his cage, feels like getting pinched by a paper clip.

I'm more concerned about the cham getting hurt.
They can injure themselves, dislocate, or even break their jaw if they are really panicked :eek:

Usually, no.
An adult male veiled can bite pretty hard and draw some blood.

Most of the time, chams will head slap you with a mock bite.

I handle my chams nearly every day, and have never had a serious bite.

Kokie bites every time I need to get him in or out of his cage, feels like getting pinched by a paper clip.

I'm more concerned about the cham getting hurt.
They can injure themselves, dislocate, or even break their jaw if they are really panicked :eek:

Cool! How long did it take for you to handle your chains with ease?

LOL! my chains!!?? :eek:

It's a slow process.
Patience + spending a lot of time with them + 'think' like a cham (LOL!!) =
a tame cham (errrr.. most of the time :eek: )

I have a cham taming blog somewhere on this website that may help.

Probably needs a few edits by now :)

LOL! my chains!!?? :eek:

It's a slow process.
Patience + spending a lot of time with them + 'think' like a cham (LOL!!) =
a tame cham (errrr.. most of the time :eek: )

I have a cham taming blog somewhere on this website that may help.

Probably needs a few edits by now :)

LOL NO DOUBT! What part of md are you in? I need locals to teach me the ropes.

I agree with jannb. I have been bitten once by my adult male veiled. It hurt, and was strong enough to break the skin, but I think it scared me more than it hurt.

I have yet been bit by my cham. But I have been bite from my beardie. I handfedbim one day but the fruit was too small and he got my finger. He cracked my finger nail but didn't draw blood.

I have been bit by a western fence lizard when I use to catch them. She broke skin and she was barely half the size of a cham or a beardie. Everything bites and every bite can hurt.

It depends on the Cham, get bite by a adult mellors and u no about it and I personally don't beleive you can tame a Cham, there either nasty or not

I get bit every now and then mostly from hand feeding old or sick chams. The bite is not bad but it scares you when it happens. Here's the taming blog Stan was referring to above.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/psychobunny/746-taming-chameleon.html

Thanks Jann, I haven't read this in so long, i'm sure it could use an edit or two.
That's right, I forgot about that, most of the time I got bitten was from the late, Squee Sr. Because his coordination and depth perception were so off,
and he seldom even tried to use his tongue, he would just 'bite' the feeders off my hand, and miss !!
Poor little guy, I still get a lump in my throat thinking about him :(

I have yet been bit by my cham. But I have been bite from my beardie. I handfedbim one day but the fruit was too small and he got my finger. He cracked my finger nail but didn't draw blood.

I have been bit by a western fence lizard when I use to catch them. She broke skin and she was barely half the size of a cham or a beardie. Everything bites and every bite can hurt.

my beardie bit me lastnight! lmao

Back
Top Bottom