Do butterworms nip

Kate

Established Member
Was hand feeding my new delivery of butterworms and I'm sure I felt a nip. Am I being too sensitive? Or did one nip me?

We have felt the trying to eat our hands before but it was more of a tickle than a nip. But you're a nurse right? In my experience nurses always have very soft hands :)

We have felt the trying to eat our hands before but it was more of a tickle than a nip. But you're a nurse right? In my experience nurses always have very soft hands :)

Haha thanks for that. I didn't think it was my imagination:D

Haha! John stop freaking her out! :D it's only tiny hair like mandibles Kate, don't listen to John and his nomages :)

Good job we can't get horns here then!

I hear supers are bitey too but never had them.

Ya they do. I had one attack me brutally. I almost thought I couldn't save my finger, luckily the doctor could.

All kidding aside, they only time I get nipped is if I put pressure on their body. If I leave them alone and let them crawl over my hand, they don't bother me.

-Chase

### In my bad Australian accent ###

Now you gotta be caaareful, one of these lil blighters can strip the flesh from your body in seconds. I'm just gonna go grab 'im now! I'm not gonna huuurt ya, lil fella!

#########################

Sorry for freaking you out, Kate :). As Angie said, they're so tiny that it doesn't hurt at all! In all honesty I hate the thought of being nommed too, that's why I make light :D

### In my bad Australian accent ###

Now you gotta be caaareful, one of these lil blighters can strip the flesh from your body in seconds. I'm just gonna go grab 'im now! I'm not gonna huuurt ya, lil fella!

#########################

Sorry for freaking you out, Kate :). As Angie said, they're so tiny that it doesn't hurt at all! In all honesty I hate the thought of being nommed too, that's why I make light :D

TINY. I would hate to see the large ones.lol the waxworms have grown huge since I bought them. When Popeye chomps on one the juice squirts out the sides of his mouth.:D

Back
Top Bottom