Do burns heal?

It may scar, but it should heal. Try to be more wary of it in the future and chameleon-proof the top of the cage as best you can so that she physically cannot get close enough to burn her. I agree with @CJ's Exotics that you should make a thread about that, many more responses will come in. If you are worried I would see your nearest exotics vet.

It may scar, but it should heal. Try to be more wary of it in the future and chameleon-proof the top of the cage as best you can so that she physically cannot get close enough to burn her. I agree with @CJ's Exotics that you should make a thread about that, many more responses will come in. If you are worried I would see your nearest exotics vet.
How do you make thread?

Click on forums, and then click on Health Clinic. In the top corner you should see a button that says 'make new thread' or something along those lines.

I'm really worried about my girl hanging out too close to the heat lamp and getting a burn, so I've only been running the heat lamp while I'm home and can watch her. I live in So Cal, so it's pretty temperate all day. If she did get burned, would it heal up over time, or would the burned patch stay burned? I'm definitely scared to leave the heat on unattended; is there a general rule of thumb for distance from highest perch to heat lamp? I really don't want to open her up to any unnecessary risks. Thanks in advance for any help.

It depends on how bad the burn is if it will completely heal. If you live in So Cal, I would skip the heat light, unless you have a reason to think it gets really cold!

Back
Top Bottom