Do Black Soldier Fly Larvae need to be dusted with Repti-Calcium?

I've been feeding my cham with black soldier flies, mostly in the larvae state but sometimes they pupate and become flies and I feed him those as well. I heard somewhere that you don't have to dust the larvae, and I heard somewhere else that you have to dust the larvae but not when they are fully grown? Which is true?

I've been feeding my cham with black soldier flies, mostly in the larvae state but sometimes they pupate and become flies and I feed him those as well. I heard somewhere that you don't have to dust the larvae, and I heard somewhere else that you have to dust the larvae but not when they are fully grown? Which is true?
They are already high in calcium so you do not need to dust the larvae. You would dust all your other feeders though. You do want to make sure your offering more then just the BSF in larvae or fly state though.

They have enough calcium in themselves that they don't require additional dusting. I would suggest introducing to other feeders if you haven't yet. Variety is best. ??

Back
Top Bottom