Do anyway use repashy calcium plus lod food

Grimbo123

Hi people

Do anyone use the above food for there Panther chameleon....

I was going to give it ago, but wanted some feedback first?

Or is there any other supplement/mineral better than this?

I want to give my Cham the best I can.

Many thanks
Dean

I don't have a panther, I have a veiled, but I've read that it's suitable for various types of chameleons. I bought some a few weeks ago not long after I bought my little guy, before buying I did a little research and I read rather high praise for it, and as someone who actually uses it I can tell you it's a great quality product and a good choice of suppliment.

I don't have a panther, I have a veiled, but I've read that it's suitable for various types of chameleons. I bought some a few weeks ago not long after I bought my little guy, before buying I did a little research and I read rather high praise for it, and as someone who actually uses it I can tell you it's a great quality product and a good choice of suppliment.

That's good to hear....

Do you use the super gut load?
That seems to be a good option Aswell?

Mine is the Calcium Plus LoD variety and I have no complaints. Can I ask what your weekly supplement regiment is?

I use the regular Repashy's Calcium Plus about 5-6 days out of the week (sometimes I skip a couple of days). I also dust with Dinofuel about every other day. For my feeders, I use Bug Burger or Bug Buffet along with fresh vegetables/fruits for the feeders.

Mine is the Calcium Plus LoD variety and I have no complaints. Can I ask what your weekly supplement regiment is?

I don't use it yet...
I am collecting my panther on Friday.
And my local reptile shop doesn't stock this food.
So I was going to order it tonight from the web.

So I also would like to know how many times a week should i use it?

I don't use it yet...
I am collecting my panther on Friday.
And my local reptile shop doesn't stock this food.
So I was going to order it tonight from the web.

So I also would like to know how many times a week should i use it?

I use dust my crickets with Repashy maybe once or twice a week several days apart, saturdays they get dusted with ReptiVite with D3, and the other days of the week they get dusted with calcium. As for my gutloading my crickets get grated carrot and apple with about a teaspoon of a home-made dry gutload mix I make mixed in with the carrot and apple. The recipe for for the gutload is here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/697-dry-gutload-mix-august-2012.html

There is no need to use the rept vite w/d3, if you're using repashy lo d. It has enough vitamins and d3, i use it 2-3 x a week. It is basically an all in one formula, I use the repashy plain calcium on the other feedings with maybe one feeding a week with no dusting.

Scott

I use the regular Repashy's Calcium Plus about 5-6 days out of the week (sometimes I skip a couple of days). I also dust with Dinofuel about every other day. For my feeders, I use Bug Burger or Bug Buffet along with fresh vegetables/fruits for the feeders.
Don't these have too many vitamins to use every day? Like how it's dangerous to dust with multivitamin too much? The calcium plus has multivitamin, right? Or am I mistaken. I ordered some dinofuel too, I was planning on using it as a gutload but if I can dust with it that would be easier. Are you sure it isn't too much?

There is no need to use the rept vite w/d3, if you're using repashy lo d. It has enough vitamins and d3, i use it 2-3 x a week. It is basically an all in one formula, I use the repashy plain calcium on the other feedings with maybe one feeding a week with no dusting.

Scott

Good to know, I've cut back my dustings with Repashy and ReptiVite to about a day per week with each out of fear of O-D-ing my chameleon on D3.

I can't recall what amount of d3 reptivite has, but my guess is its probably really high. Before i started tinkering with repashy, i used sticky tongue farms indoor blend, which contains about half the amount of d3 as repashy's lod formula. But with the sticky tongue you have to incorporate a vitamin regimen.

Scott

Don't these have too many vitamins to use every day? Like how it's dangerous to dust with multivitamin too much? The calcium plus has multivitamin, right? Or am I mistaken. I ordered some dinofuel too, I was planning on using it as a gutload but if I can dust with it that would be easier. Are you sure it isn't too much?

From what I've read, I believe the all-in-one supplement from Repashy does not have enough of D3 or vitamins to overdose. However, I also read that they created a LoD one that contained lesser amounts of D3. With that being said, I've been using the Calcium Plus for about 4 months now with no issues. I've been dusting my phoenix worms and gutloading my crickets with DinoFuel Raptor Edition for about 3 months and it's hard to say if it has helped with more vibrant colors, but I can tell you that my guy has some crazy reds going on! I'm at work right now, but I'll post a photo of him when I get the chance.

I use the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD on every feeding with my lizards. Before the LoD came out I used the regular Calcium Plus, also at every feeding. I have raised a few species of "sensitive" lizards with the regimen, including panther chameleons. I would not worry about overdosing with the LoD. Just be sure to only lightly coat the insects, don't use so much that it really cakes on them. This will also save you money on supplements as a bottle will last longer. One other thing to keep in mind is to get a new bottle every six months or so just to make sure the vitamins haven't degraded past the point of usefulness.

Not saying my way is the "right" way, just sharing what has worked for me. Hope it helps. :)

I use the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD on every feeding with my lizards. Before the LoD came out I used the regular Calcium Plus, also at every feeding. I have raised a few species of "sensitive" lizards with the regimen, including panther chameleons. I would not worry about overdosing with the LoD. Just be sure to only lightly coat the insects, don't use so much that it really cakes on them. This will also save you money on supplements as a bottle will last longer. One other thing to keep in mind is to get a new bottle every six months or so just to make sure the vitamins haven't degraded past the point of usefulness.

Not saying my way is the "right" way, just sharing what has worked for me. Hope it helps. :)

I compared the amount of vitamin D3 in Repashy Calcium Plus LoD to Zoo Med's Repticalcium with D3. Repashy had 80% of D3 by weight, so it is not an insignificant amount. That is, unless I did the math wrong.

I compared the amount of vitamin D3 in Repashy Calcium Plus LoD to Zoo Med's Repticalcium with D3. Repashy had 80% of D3 by weight, so it is not an insignificant amount. That is, unless I did the math wrong.

I'm not sure how they compare. Never used Repticalcium. What's the implication?

I'm not sure how they compare. Never used Repticalcium. What's the implication?

The implication is that "LoD" isn't that low in D3 if it is 80% by weight of the calcium D3. That was all I was trying to point out, especially if you are giving it several times a week.

I use the Repashy calcium plus LoD 5-6 times a week with my 10-11 month male veiled. Been using it for 4 months. I've heard from many long time chameleon keepers that it is a great "all in one" supplement. Of course this in addition to proper gut loading. I gut load with Repashy superload in addition to collard greens, carrot, orange, turnip greens, and apple. I rotate theses veggies and fruits. I also feed my colony of dubias Repashy. bug burger

I use the Repashy calcium plus LoD 5-6 times a week with my 10-11 month male veiled. Been using it for 4 months. I've heard from many long time chameleon keepers that it is a great "all in one" supplement. Of course this in addition to proper gut loading. I gut load with Repashy superload in addition to collard greens, carrot, orange, turnip greens, and apple. I rotate theses veggies and fruits. I also feed my colony of dubias Repashy. bug burger

I agree with Mvad. I think we read into it a little too much. Your daily dusting along with proper gut-loading and decent husbandry should all contribute. Rotate and switch it up every once in a while and your odds of a healthy cham are pretty good. Here's my cham that I've been giving DinoFuel Raptor Edition for the last 3-4 months. Look at the REDS! :eek:

IMG_20150411_151934.jpg

The implication is that "LoD" isn't that low in D3 if it is 80% by weight of the calcium D3. That was all I was trying to point out, especially if you are giving it several times a week.

Not sure where you are getting the 80% value. Calcium Plus has 20,000 IU/lb of Vit D. Calcium Plus LoD has 8,000 IU/lb.

http://www.store.repashy.com/calcium-plus-4-oz-bag.html
http://www.store.repashy.com/calcium-plus-4-lod-oz-bag.html

That is 40% of the Vit D that the regular Calcium Plus has. That is a very modest number and IMO most species of chameleons will not get a Vit D overdose if living indoors, even under high quality UV lamps. Several very successful breeders use Calcium Plus at every feeding, that's the regular kind, not even the LoD.

I agree with Mvad. I think we read into it a little too much. Your daily dusting along with proper gut-loading and decent husbandry should all contribute. Rotate and switch it up every once in a while and your odds of a healthy cham are pretty good. Here's my cham that I've been giving DinoFuel Raptor Edition for the last 3-4 months. Look at the REDS! :eek:

View attachment 107752

Absolutely, variety of insects, gut load, and supplements is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom