Diycages.com cage review

Ekaj13

When I first started ordering cages I couldn't find many reviews at all, so I ended up with a few I was less than pleased with. My first cage came from LLL which I picked up at a reptile show. It is a decent cage, but really lacks the refinement and quality of the diycages.

For example, LLL cages come with no handle to open the door. You have to pull it open with a fingernail or put pressure on the side of the door which causes the cage to flex. The latches that hold the LLL door shut are also pretty craptastic. On diycages, they include a handle (already assembled on the door) and excellent hook latches. I only wish the styling of the latches and handle were a little more contemporary.

411ab6dd.jpg

The cage is easily assembled with a screwgun. Takes about 20 minutes. Probably less if you don't watch tv while putting it together.

74046b86.jpg

I leave the bottom panel off so the next part fits in easier. The cages come with a hard plastic panel to use as a base. I glue some plexi onto this and drill holes in the bottom for drainage. This allows me to plant the bottom of the cage.

5fdceb68.jpg

Here is the cage all planted and nozzles installed. I just need to add some vines.

b0fb4227.jpg

I haven't found a better cage yet.

Jake

Last edited:
thanks for the review. i have a lll cage and its ok so far. ill have to check diy out for my next cage

I didn't mean to slam LLL cages. I still use two of them. It's just the diy is better and cheaper. :)

i didnt think you were slamming them. you like what you like. i got a lll cage at a show too. i ment to make it to the diy booth but never found them, so i didnt compare.

I actually like the screen on my lll cages, I should have added that to the review, but I'm having edit issues. Lol. The screens on diy cages are coated with plastic so they don't rust and are a little darker. However I don't have any rust issues with my lll cages.

Would you say that the locks are sufficient to keep children and other pets out of the enclosure? If not, is there a way to add another handle or something that you can use for a combo lock or something like that. I'm worried about my roommates kid learning to open the cage.

I have liked my Diy cage. The top lock however broke 2 weeks after i bought it though. The bottom one holds it closed fine, just kinda annoying that it broke after 2 weeks. They will be my next cage dealer as well though.

I have liked my Diy cage. The top lock however broke 2 weeks after i bought it though. The bottom one holds it closed fine, just kinda annoying that it broke after 2 weeks. They will be my next cage dealer as well though.

did you contact them to see what they could do? just curious because customer service is important to me. i would buy something alittle sub-standard if the cs was better but thats just me.

did you contact them to see what they could do? just curious because customer service is important to me. i would buy something alittle sub-standard if the cs was better but thats just me.

ya know.. i've been meaning to but evertime i am on a computer i forget. maybe i'll do that now

Back
Top Bottom