DIY turning old bar into new Cham paradise

KWBzoo

I am new to the Cham world. I’ve been doing research for a few weeks now and I would really like to turn this old “bar” into my future chams new home. We currently use it as a plant home.

A couple things I am specifically wondering about...

1-will the mirrors bother the Cham? I am sure I could cover them or remove them if so.
2-this is in the main room of the house and we have dogs. Is that a major problem? I was hoping that being raised and with plenty foliage he would feel safe enough.

Input welcome!
DE1675BA-4BC6-481D-B8C1-89D1176E120D.jpeg

1-will the mirrors bother the Cham? I am sure I could cover them or remove them if so.
2-this is in the main room of the house and we have dogs. Is that a major problem? I was hoping that being raised and with plenty foliage he would feel safe enough.
  1. Remove the mirrors—chameleons live as solitary creatures, and seeing another—even of the same sex—can cause undue stress.
  2. It depends. My dog doesn't seem to bother my beardie too much (though they've never "met" outside the enclosure) but I have my chameleon enclosure in a part of the house the dog doesn't go. I expect you'll get different answers on this, so try the archives.
chameleonforums.com: dogs chameleons

I am new to the Cham world. I’ve been doing research for a few weeks now and I would really like to turn this old “bar” into my future chams new home. We currently use it as a plant home.

A couple things I am specifically wondering about...

Input welcome!View attachment 283650
I have 3 dogs and they don't seem to bother my chameleon. The cage is by my bed and my dog sleeps with me so he's visible to him and it doesn’t really seem to bother him. The dogs only come in my room if I’m in there or if it is bed time so thats only sometimes. My one dog likes killing everything but she shows no interest in the cage (she killed a chicken and 10 chicks ?).

Back
Top Bottom