DIY Raindome?

cital

I have been thinking about how to do my misting setup, I will probably go with a Mistking, but going off the idea of a raindome, I like their new rain nozzle, but I would still like to have it enclosed, could I just use a plastic tupperware bowl and mount a mist nozzle inside it and have it facing down on top of the cage?

You got it. I have made these before but ended up throwing it out because I like the mist better. The rain pretty much made big drops and went straiyht to the drain tray where the mist gets everything wet and the small droplets stay attatched to the leaves.

You got it. I have made these before but ended up throwing it out because I like the mist better. The rain pretty much made big drops and went straiyht to the drain tray where the mist gets everything wet and the small droplets stay attatched to the leaves.

So with the mister outside the screen not such mist goes through? Mistking has that rain nozzle now and in the YouTube video it looks like a lot of mist still goes through, but I could be wrong?

That is exactly what I did. One of my Mellers Chameleons hated the mist. He refused to drink it no matter what I did. I got the Rain Nozzle and that for some reason made all the difference with him. I too was worried about over spray. I bought a lettuce tupperware bowl and it fit perfectly over the nozzle setup. And you're right, some of the mist comes through anyways. I combated this by taking a piece of extra screen and folding it into a cube of sorts. I held it together with a piece of monofilament. I placed the cube under the nozzle which caused the water to pass through 3 surface areas of screen. Virtually all rain simulated drops now. Macumba is happy and drinking...so I am happy. Hope that helps you some. Plus, as mentioned before by Gavinsons, the water does pass through the cage quickly, but by putting the cube under the nozzle I was able to focus the rain directly over the top of his Ficus tree.

Back
Top Bottom