Diy misting system

I looked into it, as I didn't like the pricing of what you could buy, and it doesn't really end up saving you that much. For it to be a true "misting" system, the pressure needs to be somewhat up there(I forget the specifics).

Its not hard to find a pump that will provide the required pressure, but you end up finding a trade-off between price and size. You can get some decently cheap water pumps, but they're designed for sprinkler systems, where you aren't too concerned with the size. They also will not be designed for the macroline rubber tubing used with most misting systems.

Long story short, you'll only save about 25-30 bucks, to have a hacked together, unwieldy, long-term project on your hands, and unless you're a plumber(or any other profession dealing with fluids under pressure) you will most likely have tons of leaks. The time saved, and ease of setup is worth more than the money saved in my opinion.

i actually made a diy system. the thing about it is that it isnt really a "misting" system. it was more of a spraying system. to make it mist your gonna need a diaphragm pump which is pretty expensive. i ended up just buying a mistking system which i shouldve done in the first place. honestly it is gonna be cheaper and more efficient to just give in and buy a system. take it from someone who made one and then bought one

Its pretty easy to make a "drip" system by just buying a water jet head for salt water tanks. However as others have stated, you need a $$$ membrane pump to get the pressure up high enough to use nozzles.

I made min using a car washer bottle with double pumps I got on eBay. It runs off of a 12v battery charger and a seconds timer. I used air hose to run to garden mist heads. It works really well but to be honest I wish I had got a shop brought one now.

you need a diaphragm pump to make it mist. pond pumps do not have enough psi regardless of how many gph you get. it may say it can pump up to 6 feet but like i said it still wont push enough psi. i have tried countless times to make a diy "mister" and it always ends up a diy rain system. and btw my diy system went through 5 gallons of water every 2 days where as my mistking can go a week on one bucket. im all about doin it yourself but when it came to actually making a "misting" system the actual diaphragm pump wouldve have cost me almost 150 where as my whole mistking setup cost me about 140. (i bought extra nozzles, a t piece, and the bucket)

If you click on my profile i did a write up on it like two years ago. Im planning on building a system very similar to it in the next month or so and ill document it as well. It worked for how i like to keep everything.

The gutter drain...i basically drilled a line of holes down the middle of the plastic floor of the cage and my plants weight made the water drain thru the holes. Then i just took some scrap house gutter i had and tied it up so it drains into a dirty water bucket. Do not reuse water that goes thru your cage. You must have a fresh water bucket and a drain bucket.

Has any1 used a Diaphragm Pump of ebay. Some are really cheap and all the details match the same as mistking

Back
Top Bottom