DIY Incubator - Cooling issue

Keenan

I am utilizing an aged wooden enclosure, measuring 2x2x2, which is connected to a 75-watt heat panel, controlled by an Elitech STC-1000 and a 2000rpm 240v fan. The heating performance is optimal and maintains the desired temperature range, however, the ambient temperature of the room where the incubator is located, specifically my bedroom, tends to fluctuate when the central heating is turned on. This causes the temperature inside the incubator to also increase by 2-4 degrees Celsius, or potentially more when the heating is at its peak. Is there a solution to prevent this temperature fluctuation and safeguard my eggs during the incubation process?

Can you close down the heat vent in the room since it is causing the the temp change in the incubator?

Can you close down the heat vent in the room since it is causing the the temp change in the incubator?
I could although this would cause my bedroom temperature to be affected, I do have an outbuilding where it’s a lot cooler, would that be more beneficial for the incubator? I’m in the UK so we’re still in Winter -2 / -6

I can not give you any other advice. I do not breed chams. Most people either put their eggs in containers with the correct substrait and then in a closet or others use the incubators designed for total control. I do not have experience with either though.

Back
Top Bottom