DIY enclosure update

Edmar1023

Established Member
Here’s the update. What u guys think?

51CCCE3D-DBED-4B11-B576-3999E6098B3C.jpeg

Put the lights on. Moved stuff around.
View attachment 297910
Looking fantastic! I would just add some rocks or mesh on the soil inside the pots for some extra safety, you can get screen for really cheap at hardware stores, and if you have rocks in your yard (not super small to where your cham could eat it) you could just place those over the soil too, other than that keep up the good work!

A few changes need to be made. Your highest branch needs to be 9 inch from the light to avoid getting over exposure to the UVB. It’s very open, I would get a more full plant for the center and sides. If you have any, fake plants need to be removed to avoid impaction. Some of the branches look very thin, I would remove them and replace them with thicker and stronger branches. I see that your cham is climbing the screen, just be carful for him not to burn himself. How old is he? I recommend dragon strand ledges to hang the branches, it makes thing 100 times easier. They are a little pricy but they are so worth it in the end.

A few changes need to be made. Your highest branch needs to be 9 inch from the light to avoid getting over exposure to the UVB. It’s very open, I would get a more full plant for the center and sides. If you have any, fake plants need to be removed to avoid impaction. Some of the branches look very thin, I would remove them and replace them with thicker and stronger branches. I see that your cham is climbing the screen, just be carful for him not to burn himself. How old is he? I recommend dragon strand ledges to hang the branches, it makes thing 100 times easier. They are a little pricy but they are so worth it in the end.
He’s about 1 year old. I have no fake plants I like all natural. All branches are reinforced with fishing line so they are sturdy. I will look into see how far that branch is from light. Abs get some nice river rocks for the soil. The ficus tree is a baby so I’m hoping it will start to fill out and I have a photos which I need to hang so it can start filling in the sides and I have one at the bottom so it can creep up as fill that way also.

Let the ficus grow outside, it’ll get bigger quicker. In the meantime get a pothos totem, they’re easy to keep alive and grow incredibly fast.

Let the ficus grow outside, it’ll get bigger quicker. In the meantime get a pothos totem, they’re easy to keep alive and grow incredibly fast.
U think I should get one more ficus? For filler? And got any tricks to make the photos grow quicker?

In Connecticut. LOL oops I got another tree. Ima gonna put the opposites of each other and put branches in between for highways.

Back
Top Bottom