DIY dripper

nightanole

Chameleon Enthusiast
Im not having any luck with my 1 gallon driper with a valve. if i fill it up and set it to 1 drip a sec, it stops after 2-3 hours at half tank. If i set it to 1 drip every couple of sec, then it still stops mid day. Do i need to use a shallow 1 gallon container instead of a 1 gallon jug due to the water "head"?

I was also thinking of just putting a mister head in a tub and have it dripp for a half hour after misting stops.

What I use is just a regular water bottle upside down with a small hole in the lid.... you can make the size of the hole to match how fast you want your flow... that usually last all day for like a 12 hour period...

What I use is just a regular water bottle upside down with a small hole in the lid.... you can make the size of the hole to match how fast you want your flow... that usually last all day for like a 12 hour period...

I would think what's happening is if your using a head when the water gets to that level the weight of it in the jug is not heavy enough to keep pressure to push it out through the head.kinda like with a standard dripper as the water level drops the speed of the drip does aswell

Do you have an air hole at the top of your dripper? If not it may be a vacuum effect that's stopping your drips!

This always happens even with the store bought ones, it is like the previous forum member mentioned, it loses pressure. The Weight of the water decreases as it lowers. If you set it up with a faster drip you might get it longer.

I have no issues with my big dripper stopping too soon. I hear that if you replace the valve with an aquarium valve then it works better but never had the need myself.

Back
Top Bottom