DIY drainage system

I think cush is actually going to get a 5.0 when he can now. He seems to be pointed in the right direction and is taking care of business.

A 5.0 would be perfect for a rudis, right?

A member of this forum PM me and provided me with suggestions as to what I should do. He was very respectful and didn't try to "derail" me. Anyways, thanks to him I am probably going to go buy a new lighting setup for my chameleon. This goes to show, that bashing people on forums is ineffective. I hope I served as an example to everyone that respect is what matters most; no one is ever going to take the time to listen to someone that is disrespectful and offers no suggestions or advice.

My chameleon is not hiding in the shade the whole day. He basks under the lamp for many hours each day, so as of right now there are no significant signs that he is suffering from the bulb. Clearly there are some dangers I must have overlooked when purchasing this bulb, I will look into further. But as of right now my chameleon is fairly healthy and doing just fine with this bulb, until I notice any changes I will stick with my decision. Thank you all for your concern.

When I got my first chameleon, I got a mercury vapor bulb thinking is was the ultimate way to provide ample UVB. Mine was a montane species. He hung out on top of the screen often through the day under the MV light. This worried me. The warnings on the box said it's harmful to our eyes. So I was trying to block the light from my eyes because it was in my bedroom.

Then it dawned on me, it has to be bad for his eyes too. Not to mention his delicate skin. With all of the controversy about MV bulbs years ago, I didn't want to risk the health of my chameleon, possibly blind him, nor did I want to cook him with UV. I followed the advice of many others who had years of experience so I switched to Reptisun 5.0 and a separate basking lamp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom