Diy cage

Kayroxyoursox

So i have a veiled chameleon and a panther chameleon and will probably be adding another to my collection soon. I was thinking about constructing one big frame separated into 3 cages, one for each chameleon. I was going to keep them from seeing each other and getting stressed by making the side each chameleon shares just wood instead of screen. That would give 2 of them three sides that are screen but the middle one would only have 2 sides that are screen, the front and the back. Is that okay? The top and the bottoms would be screen too so I am thinking it shouldn't be a problem. Any input will be appreciated.

Ply wound be fine, as long as it's treated correctly to withstand the water. I'd go with plexi, corrugated plastic or alum screen w/ a light colored plastic screen in the middle to simplify things.

Thanks guys! Would it be ok to put the whole thing on wheels so I can just roll them outside when the weather is nice? They are already right by the door. Would all that jostling irritate them?

The wheels might depend on how your cham reacts to being moved I suppose... I am starting a DIY cage too... just have to get everything planned and then get the funds available... Lol I bought this for $10 a week or so ago... Its 4ft tall, 31"wide and 13" deep.

110632d1439341631-starting-new-project-case.jpg

I plan for it to house 2 veiled chams with a divider in the middle. Also, I am going to remove the glass panel and replace it with screen. Then probably get some polyurathene to coat the inside to be water resistant. Followed by getting some foam stuff to hold small potted plants in various locations. I would like to do a mist system in it too. Just gotta figure out how to get drainage out. :D

Back
Top Bottom