Divided Cage?

lybeck

I'm going to be getting a new cage for Bella and I was thinking about getting one with a divider so I can get a male down the road. I can't seem to find any. Anyone have any ideas where I might be able to find one?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks Jordan Lybeck

Two cages would probably be your best bet. Chameleons need a visual barrier and do not like to see each other all the time. By dividing the cage you will just be cutting their space in half, which they will probably need or like for themselves. Either way, you would need to find a way to hide them from each other.

Two cages would probably be your best bet. Chameleons need a visual barrier and do not like to see each other all the time. By dividing the cage you will just be cutting their space in half, which they will probably need or like for themselves. Either way, you would need to find a way to hid them from each other.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Two cages would probably be your best bet. Chameleons need a visual barrier and do not like to see each other all the time. By dividing the cage you will just be cutting their space in half, which they will probably need or like for themselves. Either way, you would need to find a way to hide them from each other.

This is not necessarily true, it all depends on the size of the cage and the species of chameleon you intend to put in the cages. I have just about completed construction on a divider cage and the total size of the cage is 4'X4'X2'; with the divider in place each space is 2'X4'X2' and I am placing one of the largest montane species out there in it; T. deremensis. One of the most experienced deremensis breeders out there keeps adults in 2'X3'x2' cages, and has done so for years with out any problems. most species could do well in this size cage???? So to say a divider cage is not advisable is pure speculation and shows lack of experience. As far as Chams seeing each other there are a 1000 ways to cover a divider so they cannot see each other. Separate cages are also a good choice but dividers are are great way to combine 2 chams you intend to breed or if you change your mind you always have the option of 1 big cage. Check out the link for plans to build your own if you want but remeber you can build it anysize and make what ever adjustments you want to the build its your cage! ! I will post a few picks in the next week or so once my divider cage is completed.

http://members.cox.net/vetteman527/build_4x4x2.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom