Diurnal rhythm and hunger strike?

Amanda1801

Hi,

So, the clocks went forward last week - and my little dude has been eating less and less since the beginning of this week and is eating very little at the moment - could this be related to the clock changes throwing his diurnal rhythm out of whack?

If anyone else has experienced this, how long did it take them to get back to normal, and how can I prevent it?

Then again he could just be off his food because he's about to shed again...

when we moved the clocks forward here i threw off my veileds sleeping routine for 4 or 5 days, then back to normal.

The only time I change my timers are when I am lengthening or or shortening the time the lights are on. It makes no difference what the numbers on the timers say to Feldman; he doesn't fully appreciate the concept of daylight savings time. ;-)

The only time I change my timers are when I am lengthening or or shortening the time the lights are on. It makes no difference what the numbers on the timers say to Feldman; he doesn't fully appreciate the concept of daylight savings time. ;-)

what he said ^....unless you dont use timers:) my guys here at the house are not on timers and they dont have a "SET" time of when the lights come on/off but it is usually within an hour. its always a good thing to reevaluate your husbandry to rule out any simple possiblities. temps/lighting/variety of feeders/secure in its surroundings play a pretty big role in feeding.

ya know...in the wild, the sunlight varies with the seasons, so I don't think it's a necessity to maintain the 12/12 plan all the time.

He'll adjust.

You might want to consider reducing the "on" hours during the winter months just to give him some sort of 'seasonal" change.

He might not - but I do - and when im waking up an hour earlier and turning lights on and such, its waking him up.

ya know...in the wild, the sunlight varies with the seasons, so I don't think it's a necessity to maintain the 12/12 plan all the time.

He'll adjust.

You might want to consider reducing the "on" hours during the winter months just to give him some sort of 'seasonal" change.

Yeah I reduced him down to 10hrs basking and UV in the winter and am increasing that back up to 12hrs at the rate of half an hour every 7-10 days or so - I'm all for creating an environment thats as natural as possible for my guys :)

what he said ^....unless you dont use timers:) my guys here at the house are not on timers and they dont have a "SET" time of when the lights come on/off but it is usually within an hour. its always a good thing to reevaluate your husbandry to rule out any simple possiblities. temps/lighting/variety of feeders/secure in its surroundings play a pretty big role in feeding.

Done this :( - its all as it should be, and variety of feeders? This cham has an endless variety of food and is turning his nose up at it all - 3 different kinds of roaches, locusts, crickets, silk worms, butter worms, meal worms, wax worms - argh!

Back
Top Bottom