Distilled water

JKill

Hello,

I am curious what the members think of distilled water and if it is okay for the lizards we care for to consume,

I have always read/told as a person that distilled water is not something that we should drink,

i know people use distilled water to avoid water marks/clogging problems on mist systems.

If our lizards get a lot of/ all of the water they drink from the water that is sprayed/misted into that tank(distilled).... is it okay for the lizard?

Sorry if this is an silly question

thanks in advance!

JKill

I know it picks up a few elements from the atmosphere, but rain is the natural process of distillation. For what it's worth.

Hello,

I am curious what the members think of distilled water and if it is okay for the lizards we care for to consume,

I have always read/told as a person that distilled water is not something that we should drink,

i know people use distilled water to avoid water marks/clogging problems on mist systems.

If our lizards get a lot of/ all of the water they drink from the water that is sprayed/misted into that tank(distilled).... is it okay for the lizard?

Sorry if this is an silly question

thanks in advance!

JKill

If you are dusting with proper supplements you could use distilled water if its convenient for you. I doubt a cham would consume so much distilled water that it would affect their mineral balance. You can also use reverse-osmosis filtered water. It isn't as pure as distilled (which is basically condensed steam), but the mineral and organic content is very low so it doesn't clog mister nozzles or cause mineral deposits on plants or the cage. You can buy it from aquarium supply stores.

As for whether its a good idea to drink distilled water or not there isn't really anything wrong with the water, its just devoid of minerals/electrolytes and is very slightly more acidic than "normal" water.

Back
Top Bottom