dissenfecting and re-potting plants

My mix drains just fine. Ive worked with plants for almost my whole life, and have worked in plant nurserys with some very creditable people and peat and verm/perlite is the mix that we used to start seeds and cuttings of hundreds of plants. Orchid mix is for orchids and sometimes has cedar in it so i wouldnt use it. Plus orchid mix is just chunks of bark, charcoal,and other randomness thats way to big for your average plant to grow in. Maybe a phalaenopsis mix but even thats a little chunky.

My mix drains just fine. Ive worked with plants for almost my whole life, and have worked in plant nurserys with some very creditable people and peat and verm/perlite is the mix that we used to start seeds and cuttings of hundreds of plants. Orchid mix is for orchids and sometimes has cedar in it so i wouldnt use it. Plus orchid mix is just chunks of bark, charcoal,and other randomness thats way to big for your average plant to grow in. Maybe a phalaenopsis mix but even thats a little chunky.

Well I have been only doing this method for about a year now, and I think I know better than you. ;)

My orchid mix isn't chunky at all. There is a brand I have seen that is very chunky.... I don't buy that. I have pretty good luck with the mix I make. Orchid mix, sand and a little bit of peet moss depending on where the plant is going. If it will get a lot of water, a tad more sand. if it is going to be in a more dry spot, a bit more peet moss.

Back
Top Bottom