Display lighting?

Lunatuck

Established Member
I have my UVB and heat dome above my enclosure. I'm about to mount two LED grow fixtures on the same timer I use for the chameleon enclosure. My problem is, the combination of all of the lights is incredibly unattractive. It does nothing to show off the natural colors of Cosmic.

Does anyone supplement with lighting purely for display purposes? The room is very dark and I'd love to be able to make it more attractive. I just don't whether to add light to the room, or the display. I was thinking a dual fixture for my UVB and a supplement, but then the top of the cage gets cluttered. I don't have ceiling mounted lights in this room. I primarily use lamps, but they are in the corners of the room and don't help much.

In the summer, there is enough natural light to help, but this time of year, it's all artificial light.

Any advice is welcome.

ive had luck increasing the attractiveness by mounting basking bulbs at 45 degree angles on the front of the cage. This lights up the cham instead of the gloomy top down only lighting. I bet you could do the same with a 45 degree led bar placed 1 foot away from the cage in the front.

Back
Top Bottom