Dirty car ewwww. Before and after

Nicodemayo

Avid Member
Beautiful day today here in Georgia, and my car was disgusting because we've had so much rain. Time for wash, clay bar, and wax! Getting windows tinted tomorrow!

Before

A horrid sight

After

I wish my car would look that good being dirty. :) In Seattle, if you wash your car on the one and only sunny day of the year, you have jinxed the entire Puget Sound and it will rain the next day.

Murphey's Law...yesterday it was nice and pretty...today rain!! Hope that car is under shelter while the windows are getting tinted.
Candy

If you clay-bar'd i hope you put clear coat protector or pre wax cleanser/polish on before you then double coat waxed it or all you hard work (wax) will come off in the next wash/rain and then all that is protecting you paint is ...nothing!!!!! 'cos you clay-bar'd it off... layers needs to be built up after using a clay-bar. I like to set aside 8 hrs on weekend and do: clay-bar, clear coat polish, deep shine polish (or pre wax cleanser), then 1-2 layers of carbuna wax all on Saturday and then Sunday evening after about 20hrs of the wax hardnening will apply a further 2 layers to seal.
...obcessive, yes! but my car looks perfect everyday i drive it and when it rains its like a free clean as so much wax on the water beads straight off - i do have a curvy car though...

I'll do this before every car show i goto or beg/mid/end of summer and once before the big cold sets in here in the UK around Nov'

Good work though - big difference in shots above.

Back
Top Bottom