Dilemma...

I have recently stumbled upon a few hundred bucks. I have my female veiled in an 18x18x30 right now. Should I buy her a new bigger cage or will she do fine in that size. I read somewhere that female veileds will do fine in that size enclosure. She is only 4 months so there is no need to get a new cage immediately.

I have recently stumbled upon a few hundred bucks. I have my female veiled in an 18x18x30 right now. Should I buy her a new bigger cage or will she do fine in that size. I read somewhere that female veileds will do fine in that size enclosure. She is only 4 months so there is no need to get a new cage immediately.

From my understanding female veileds will do just fine in a 18x18x30. Although, with all chams the more space the better. So it's really up to you and your preference. My girl is a little more than 6 months and she is in 24x24x48 but typically only stays in one corner most of the day. I think if I put her in a smaller cage she probably wouldn't mind.

You can get a 4ft screen cage from LLL reptile for $79.99 I believe right now plus shipping which is like $15. After that you're still under $100 spent and would have plenty of money for a vet visit if need be. If you have the money now invest in the cage and wait until she is big enough and put her in it. Female veiled are not a small lizard and would much prefer a 4ft tall cage to a 2 1/2 ft tall cage. I use big 6-8ft tall 3-4ft wide/deep wooden DIY enclosures and my adult panthers, male and female, use every inch they are given. the thermal gradient is very nice and the humidity gradient from top to bottom work out well too.

Justin

Back
Top Bottom